Friday, April 9, 2010

Better Late Than Never

Well ... I should've started this at 6 weeks out from having Colton. I could at least walk pretty well by then ... but I used my excuse of having a c-section and there I was 3 months out when I realized: the fat isn't going anywhere without some good old fashion hard work. So, starting at the beginning of March, I got back into my exercise mode that I was in a year ago, and I began to run again. Needless to say ... I still hate it. It's hard and every step I take, I think ... "let's walk now, let's walk now". But I persevere, because that's all I can do. I'd like to be 165 pounds by Christmas ... I am trying to reach 170 by my birthday ... October 10. This may sound too easy to some, but let's just remember that I haven't seen the 150's since I was in 9th grade. That's 1995 people! My one year from now goal is 155 pounds. That is doable, I think. The problem is that I have so many dresses, shorts, JEANS, etc. that I am dying to wear and that I can barely squeeze into ... if I'm even that lucky. I have to go to a family reunion at a lake--A LAKE--this summer where people wear bathing suits ... and I'm dreading it. Well, I'm at least working out now, so maybe I'll lose 10 pounds or so by summer. I am also measuring myself to see how many inches I lose. I have to make a change this month with what I eat. Breast feeding has made me hungry! Hungrier than I have ever been in my whole life. But that's just another excuse, and it's really up to me to control what I eat, how much I eat, and when I eat it. I can blame it on whatever I want, but truth be told, it's choice. Beginning today, I am choosing to eat only at meal-times with one exception (mid-afternoon I get extremely hungry, so I can have one healthy snack). I am choosing to eat smaller portions, better food, and save my sweets for special occasions--and that doesn't mean when I am bored and am thinking, "hmmm ... cookies sound yummy!" So, here are my specs as of April 8, 2010:

weight: 184.5
May 8 goal weight: 180
measurements:
hips-47 in.
bust-43 in.
underbust-37 in.
waist-34 in.
thighs-29 in.
biceps-13 in.
measurements goal: smaller

Today, I ran 2.2 miles. I started at the beginning of March running .7 miles. It was hard. Especially because I was pushing little Colton in his big stroller. I ran 3 times a week (MWF), and I did my Wii Active 2 times a week (TTH). When Debbie & Alan came in the middle of March, I ran without Colton and learned I could run 1.4 miles. Woo-hoo! Then Mom H came at the end of March, and I ran 1.8 miles. By the time Mom H left at the beginning of April, I had advanced to 2.2 miles. I am going to need to run this for the next couple of weeks before I advance to 2.5 or 2.8 miles. I need to be a little more comfortable at 2.2. May 8, I am running a 5K with Brenda ... 3.2 miles. I have one more mile to go before I will complete a 5K. I know I can do it. B wants me to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon with her next February. I'll be honest ... I don't want to do it. I don't like running. I don't want to run far. I run to lose weight, not for the pure enjoyment and thrill it gives me. I don't like running ... do you get the picture? I don't think I can run 13 miles. I'm serious. I'm a slow runner. Hmmmm .... I'll think about it, but I'm pretty sure my answer will be the same in 2011 as it is here in 2010 ... no.

I hear a little wail coming from Cole's room ... I best be off! Happy running ...

No comments:

Post a Comment