Tuesday, September 6, 2011

38 weeks and on the move

I spent this past weekend hitting the milestone of 38 weeks pregnant ... and I did it all by myself. It wasn't really as much of a pity party as that first sentence sounded. It was actually a really nice weekend. And there were no baby scares through any of it, so that made it even better!
38 weeks ... and multiple effects to show the growth.


On Friday evening, I dropped Colton off at the airport with Billy to head to Minnesota for Dad H's 60th birthday party weekend. A lot of people said to me, "How could he go on vacation when you're 38 weeks pregnant!?!" But you have to understand that this weekend was planned and set aside before I even got pregnant. At first, I was really sad that he was taking Colton, too. But then I realized ... after having another kid any day now, I may never get a weekend alone ... by myself ... no kids ... no husband ... just me until my kids are all grown up. I decided to embrace it and enjoy it. I had a great weekend! I got a lot accomplished and even got a little relaxing done, as well. I even got my toes done for the arrival of Sissy Wally. They are pretty much a pink replica of what I did when I had Colton. Here are both pictures.
This is my pedicure from 2009 when I had Colton.
This is my Sissy Wally pedicure from 2011 ... just more girly.


Sabbath was a beautiful day here in Orlando. I really took advantage of the peace of Sabbath and relaxed. I even got a 2 hour nap! It was wonderful!

Gina came over on Sunday morning around 9:00 a.m., and we drove down to Tampa. We spent the whole day painting the kids' rooms. I never would have been able to finish both rooms without her. She was a tremendous help, and I am so thankful for her friendship! It made the day so much better having someone to talk to while I drove and painted. We worked pretty hard for about 8 hours and finished ... even with the littlest light possible. Colton's room has no light kit in the fan. I have no idea why that happens so much here in Florida, but most rooms don't have central lighting. I guess they just assume you will have a lamp or something. Well, we didn't ... so it was a mess and a race to get that room painted before we lost all of the light. I think the rooms turned out really well. I had to paint a lot of pink paint over the bright blue paint that was in Sissy Wally's room. It took two cuts and three rolls! But it looks great now ... and VERY pink. A girl will definitely be living there ... I'll have to decorate using the other colors in the bedding, so the pink doesn't get more carried away than it already is. Colton's blue room is the same as our guest room here in Orlando. I, originally, wanted to paint Sissy Wally's room this color, but I didn't want to have two rooms the same color--for whatever reason. So, some of my friends helped me pick out the pink. But the blue in Colton's room looks so much better than the original blue that was in there ... mostly because it matches his bedding better! See for yourself ...
Sissy Wally's room before we painted it. It was an electric blue!
Sissy Wally's room after we painted it. Now, it's an electric pink!
Colton's room before we painted it. It's a light blue, but it's just a bit brighter than the end result.
Colton's blue room after we painted it a lighter blue.


This weekend, I, also, packed up most of the house (just a few sprinklings here and there left in the house ... and I will tackle the garage today).
Some of my packing progress. You'll notice I mostly have banana boxes ... that's all Publix (our grocery store seems to have out back of their store for free. Oh, well ... they are working just fine.)


I painted some more furniture, too. After we painted Colton's room the light blue, I realized that his bookshelves were that same light blue. In our home here in Orlando, his walls were brown and green, so the blue was perfect. Now that his walls are blue, I decided to repaint the bookshelves the green color. I think they look great!
I couldn't find any before pictures of the shelves, but just imagine them the same color as his room pictures shown above.


And through all of this, I even read an entire book! I decided that I wanted to see the movie coming out "The Help". Then I thought, I'd sure like to read the book first. So, this weekend, I read the book The Help. It was wonderful! I recommend it to anyone.

I must get back to work packing and putting one more coat of paint on those bookshelves. Plus ... I think Colton may be ready for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment