Thursday, September 15, 2011

some welcome changes

We have been so very lucky to have had Billy's parents with us for the past week and a half. Billy's Mom and Dad helped us move everything down to Tampa, unload, and fix up the house. It was so nice to have family in town! They were a HUGE help, and we really couldn't have done it without them.

It was great to have Billy's Mom here for an extra amount of time. Billy's Dad had to leave us on Sunday night, but his Mom stayed until this evening. She was a really huge help all week. She helped unpack, clean up, played with Colton, sewed some and painted. We are blessed to have such good family.

Here are some of the things we accomplished this week. There's so much more, but I don't want to take pictures of my drawers that I filled up or my closet, etc. Some things you'll just have to imagine how nice they look!
Colton's room all put together. All that's missing is his rocking chair, but I have to put it in Sissy Wally's room until I can find something better for her room. Then I will put the rocker back into Cole's room.
Sissy Wally's room. I have to find decor to put on the walls. I already know what will go above her crib, but since it involves her name ... I have to wait until she's born, because we're keeping the name a secret. I, also, have to move the rocker into the room from the family room. I will do that soon. But I got a lot unpacked, washed, and put away. She can sleep in here, at least ... and have her diaper changed!
Laundry room paint before ... doesn't it look SO orange!?! It's a bit overwhelming.
After! Doesn't it look SO much better!?! Mom H did a great job painting. This is the paint from our old house that was in a small hallway. I like it better in the laundry room. Looks clean and bright.


Colton had a lot of fun with Grandma and Grandpa. On Sabbath, I made pumpkin pie, because Dad H loves it ... and I missed his birthday party this month. Colton really enjoyed that Grandpa always shared his pie with him. Grandma played and read with Colton every day. They had a great time together! Grandma took Colton to the park and water park a couple of times.
Just playing at the park with Grandma Heinrich. Having a great time!


I really appreciated having someone to distract Colton while I unpacked. It really makes a difference. Whatever I'm trying to do, Colton is the antithesis of my work ... so having Grandma and Grandpa here to distract him was so helpful! One evening at dinner, Colton said, "I have two milks!" And this is what we saw:
He's drinking milk from one cup and water from the other at one time.


I'm excited that Billy will be bringing my Mom here in just a few hours. He's picking her up from the airport right now! It was sad to see Grandpa and Grandma Heinrich go home, but at least I won't be alone ... with my Mom here for two weeks, I'll have tons of help! I can't wait to see my Mom!

Tomorrow, we'll spend the day in Orlando. I want to take her to Park Ave to shop and have lunch. Then we'll stop by Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Molly to get some cupcakes on our way home. I figure, since the baby is happy as a lark in her little home, she won't be coming anytime soon in the next 24 hours ... and if she does, I'll already be in Orlando, so that will be better!

On a different note ... Sissy Wally is kicking me to death tonight! She is really moving around. Maybe that means she's getting in place to come out. Now that we are moved, and my Mom is here ... I'm ready for her to come (I think). I went to the doctor today ... heartbeat 137 (it took 10 minutes to find it! she was moving and covering it up!) ... no change ... hasn't dropped ... cervix is the same. I will start to try all of my old wives tales to induce labor ... because the doc can't do it with a VBAC. Oh, well ... she seems happy in there ... I'm just getting anxious, because I don't want my Mom's visit to be half over or more before she comes. I need her help!

Well, my Mom's flight has landed ... Billy is waiting for her at baggage claim ... and I'm going to put my feet up for a while. Sounds like a good deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment