Sunday, September 11, 2011

39 weeks ... and not wanting to wear pants!

So, I didn't make it to 39 weeks with Colton. We had him induced at 38 weeks to try to have a traditional delivery (and still ended up with a c-section). I have had great luck with swollen feet/ankles this whole pregnancy ... until we moved last Thursday. It seems since Thursday, I have been fighting the swelling. Every morning starts out right ... and by mid-morning, I see the swelling begin. I try to combat it by sitting down with my feet up, but let's face it ... I have TONS to do. Sitting with my feet up is very hard for me to do right now. So, by the evening, my big old feet are baaaaaaack! I dislike this very much. I know that I am super lucky to only be having this issue my "last" week of pregnancy, but it still burns my buttons. Plus, I feel the start of my circulation being cut off by my pants. Even my most comfy pants are cutting into the underpart of my belly, and I find that life is much better, if I could just lose the pants! I guess I'll have to wear more dresses this week. Technically, if you could tell your baby what to do, this would be my last week of pregnancy. Truthfully, I have no idea when that will be. Could be tomorrow ... could be in a week ... could be in two weeks. But I am starting to get annoyed. When I get down on the ground to put together a crib or kneel down to give Colton a bath at the tub ... I am finding that it is difficult to get up again, or it is uncomfortable to be on the ground in the first place. Again, I am super lucky that I am finding this difficulty so late in my pregnancy, but here it is--and it is so frustrating with so much going and and lots to do around the house. Oh, well ... it's not like I'll have more time once the baby is born. And depending on whether or not I have a c-section, I may not have better or improved mobility for weeks after the birth, so I should be thankful for where I am at right now. Hindsight is always 20/20 ... and I'll miss the "freedom" I have right now, I'm sure.
39 weeks and still cookin'


I'm very excited!!!! My mom will be here in Tampa on Thursday night! That's only 4 days away. It will be fun to have her here to help me out and to watch Colton. I am lucky to have Billy's mom here now until my mom comes. It's great to have family that supports you and is willing to help out. I hope to take my mom to Orlando on Friday, if the baby isn't here yet. I have some things I wanted to do with her before we moved from there, but we just never got the chance. Plus, if the baby comes while we're up there ... no big deal. That would probably be ideal!

This weekend, we had a great time with Billy's parents. On Sabbath, we went to church in Zephyrhills. It was kind of far away for us to go regularly, but it was nice to visit a new church. The people were very friendly. Then we went on a long walk ... which probably wasn't very long at all, but it felt long to me! Plus, it was SUPER hot and humid on Saturday evening. Then I noticed something at the front door. Apparently it had been there since Friday ... Mom and Dad H and Billy's sisters got us a double stroller! It is just what we wanted and needed! I am so thankful. I put it together as soon as I saw it. It is perfect, I think. I guess I won't really know until I use it, but it is the one I had researched and decided to buy.
A view from the side ... right now it's set up for a baby seat, but there is another seat like the one in the front when the baby gets bigger.
Colton's chair ... it has a baby insert that I have to remove. And, he can lay down, if he wants to.
The baby faces me when I push it. The cool part is when she can fit into the bigger chair, they can face each other, both look forward, or both look backward. Or she can still face me and Colton can face out, if I want that.

We finished the day with a fun game of Acquire. I totally wasn't paying attention at the beginning of the game, so I lost terribly. But it was still a fun time.

Sunday was a busy, busy day! We put together Sissy Wally's crib, cleaned off some black marks around the base boards and in Sissy's room, ran some errands, cleaned up some of the garage, bought a new (to us) washer and dryer and installed it, and went to see some family in Land'o'Lakes. Colton has been sleeping really well because of all of our activity. But he has entered his terrible twos for sure. I think it hasn't helped that everything is different and new ... we've been so busy that he hasn't had any regular, boring days where he plays and gets all kinds of attention ... and people have been here constantly. He just throws regular fits ... and it's driving me nuts! I know that all kids go through this, but it's hard when your own sweet, baby boy turns into a monster here and there. It's a little spirit crushing ... then he'll cuddle you on his way to bed, and you forget about all of the crying, running away, not listening, etc. Because you see that glimpse of the kid you know your child really is peek through and say, "I love you, Mommy!" What a rough ride this age is right now. I guess each stage has it's "good" and "bad".

This week, we have lots to do and lots of projects. I want to work on getting our master bedroom cleaned up, as right now, we have no space in our bathroom ... due to an excess amount of boxes living in there. I, also, want to get the kids' rooms put together as best as possible, and I want to get the bookshelves in the living room installed and books placed on there and out of the boxes. Of course, there are a million little things here and there, as well. But I am confident we'll get things in order soon enough. Just have to make time to put my feet up throughout the day.

Just wanted to throw some pics of Colton in this blog. While I was packing up in Orlando to move, I would play music on the computer for Colton to listen to while he played. Thanks to Billy and his iPad videos for Colton, he couldn't understand why the computer wasn't showing him videos along with his music. So, he climbed on on the chair several times to "punch" the computer so the video would show. (He says, "Punch it, punch it!" When he plays with the iPad or something that actually responds to touch ... unlike the computer.) Cole isn't much of a climber, but I guess when he wants something ... so this is his first time up on the chairs on his own accord. Too cute!
Naughty little "punch it" chair climber.

No comments:

Post a Comment