Friday, September 2, 2011

proud owners of two homes in two cities ... and neither is a vacation home ... yikes!

We did it! We finally closed on our new home on Tampa ... technically, Wesley Chapel (a suburb to the north-east of Tampa). It feels good to have one half of our housing issues completed. Billy said that he feels a huge weight lifted off of his shoulders. I can tell ... the past two nights, he has slept pretty well. Before Wednesday night and for the past month and a half, Billy has been going to bed way past midnight, and he's up by 7:00 a.m. ... if he can even sleep that long! I know he's been stressed with starting a new job, buying a house, and selling our current home--oh, and a new baby on the way! I knew that as things wrapped up with the houses, and once he was in his job for a little while, he'd start feeling better. I love that we have our new home in Tampa ... I very much dislike living in two separate homes ... an hour and a half away from each other! Commuting has been so difficult, but we are moving closer and closer to the other close date. I am so thankful for that ... and I feel a little pressured with the packing, but I think I'll be pretty much done by Monday night. My friend, Gina, is going to help me paint on Sunday down in Tampa, so I feel less stressed about having to do it all by myself. Billy and I spent most of yesterday and today changing our address on everything we could think of! It's hard to remember all of the places that have your address info. I will be excited for one week from today ... when we are preparing for the Sabbath in our new home ... with only one home in our names ... all our stuff moved to Tampa ... and another big weight off of our shoulders! Here's to Thursday--when we finally close on our Orlando home.
Mommy and Colton (and Sissy Wally) in front of our new home!
The whole family in front of our new home on closing day.
Billy and me in front of our second home together. House #2 ... officially bought together as a family this time (instead of just a married couple). Two kids in tow.
Billy poses next to our "for sale" sign ... which really should be taken down now.
Daddy and Colton waving to the camera from our front porch.
The two boys together for a nice photo op.


On our first night in the house, we went to play in the park across from our subdivision. Colton had a blast on the slides, as usual. I think it's going to be great having the park/water park/pools/clubhouse so close to our home. Just a walk across the main road, and we're there! Look how much fun Colton is having already!
Having a blast on the slides with Daddy, as usual. He just LOVES to slide!


Today, Billy and Colton flew off to Minnesota for Billy's Dad's 60th birthday party weekend. I really miss them, but it's, also, nice having this weekend to myself. I don't know if I've ever been alone overnight without Billy or Colton. Plus, I don't know when I'll have a quiet weekend to myself ever again! Ha, ha! I'm excited to relax a little bit. I'm even going to get a pedicure ... if I have the time.

I have been working hard on painting furniture this past week, too. Here's some of what I have completed ... or started on. I have nearly completed my painting projects as far as furniture goes for a little while. I am glad to be on the home stretch of these projects. I painted some of Sissy Wally's room this week. It's going to look so girly!
Before front/top of dresser/changing table.
After front/top of dresser/changing table.
Before side of dresser/changing table.
After side of dresser/changing table.
Side-table before.
After side-table.


Well, I'm off to take a shower and relax. I don't even know what to do with myself without my boys around. I guess I'll relish in the quiet and relax while I can ... because after Sabbath ... I'm a work-a-holic until we move!

No comments:

Post a Comment