Friday, September 9, 2011

all moved in ... well ... the boxes are all in tampa

Yesterday was a big day! We said goodbye to Orlando as our hometown, and we closed on the first home we ever owned. It was a great feeling to pack up the whole house and get things headed down to Tampa. Billy's parents drove everything down for us while we went to closing on the house. However, it was a sad feeling to know that we wouldn't be going back ever again. There are a lot of memories for us in that house. It was the first home either of us has ever owned. We had our first baby in that house (well, not in it, technically). We had Colton's first birthday there. I learned how to be a decent electrician and plumber in that house. I became a master painter. We learned how to lay tile. We owned our first swimming pool ... and all of the hazards that come along with that. It was a good home, and it served us well for the time we spent there. I will miss it tremendously. Our neighbors were good ones, too. I will miss our walking trail ... and I will really miss running on that trail when I can get back out there after baby #2. I am thankful for new beginnings and the new opportunities present to us here in Tampa, but I will not forget the good memories made in our first family home.

Since getting to Tampa, it has been a whirlwind of activity. We unpacked plenty last night ... and still there is so much to do! We couldn't get moved into the areas with carpets, because we decided to get them cleaned today. So, that made it kind of difficult to put anything in those rooms. The carpet is pretty wet ... they said wait 2 to 3 hours to walk on it and 4 to 6 hours to put furniture on it. Well ... over 8 hours later, it needs to dry overnight! We have all of our fans on high-speed. It should be good by morning. We had the DirecTV guy out here and the internet man. We even had our pest control man here (even though the previous owners had them here a week and a half ago). Lots of in and out all morning, but at least we have everything set to go as far as installations go. Since the carpet is wet, we can't set any furniture up ... but it does give me a chance to relax a little bit ... and get some emailing done. I have to contact a few people and send them our HUD statements from each closing to get things activated or cancelled. Seems like there is always something to do ... including heading to the grocery store to stock up our house, so we don't have to eat out everyday anymore!

Colton knows where his room is ... when you ask him, "Where's Colton's room?" He runs and points into his bedroom. I need to get his room set up, so he feels like it's really his. I think he gets a little scared in there right now, because he doesn't have any of his things in there, yet. We'll have to wait until the carpet dries, but I'm sure he'll feel even better once we have moved his stuff in there.

We have enjoyed having Billy's parents here. They have been so helpful with moving! We couldn't have done it without Billy's family. His parents, Brenda, and his cousin, Caleb. They really helped us get things packed in the truck, and his parents were essential in getting the truck down to Tampa and unloaded.

I am exhausted. I didn't even have to move very many things, but what I did move ... and standing all day ... and driving here and there ... and dealing with people ... and watching Colton. I am ready for the Sabbath, but I am so thankful that all of our house closings went well. We made it down to Tampa for good, and we're all doing well. Still no baby ... but that's okay, I'm too tired for the baby to be here, yet.

Happy Sabbath!

No comments:

Post a Comment