Sunday, September 18, 2011

40 weeks! all cooked ... and no baby yet ...

Here I am at 40 weeks, and the baby is not early. She will either be on-time (due date is tomorrow ... technically), or she will be late now. I'm okay with being pregnant. I don't feel uncomfortable or anything bad, but my Mom is here ... so I'd really like the baby to be here while she is here. I need her help, and if baby comes too late ... I don't want this trip to be too much of a waste. Plus, the older Sissy Wally will be at my sister's wedding the better. It's going to be hard enough to travel with a 3 week old--much less a 1 or 2 week old.

Last Thursday night, my Mom arrived. We decided to head to Orlando on Friday. I wanted to take her to a spice store on Park Ave, and then I wanted to take her to the cupcakery Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Molly. We got to Park Ave., and we stopped at a cute candy store. Then we went to Penseys ... the spice store. After shopping a bit, we had lunch at Briar Patch. I almost got the salad that supposed to induce labor, but I didn't (maybe I should have). When we got back to the car to head to Sweet!, the car wouldn't start! AH! Just the day before I was in Orlando with Billy's car for my doctor's appointment, and it overheated. The radiator fan had broken, and I had to drive it all of the way back to Orlando to get it fixed as soon as I got there. Now, the very next day, I was having more car issues in Orlando! I called one of Billy's cousins to come jump start the car (hoping and praying it was only the battery). Next, I called my Dad. I thought he could listen to the the sound the car made and give me an idea of what might be wrong. I put the phone next to the engine, and I went to "start" the car (because all it made was a clicking sound every time I tried). I turned the key, and it started!!!! Thanks, Dad! I took the car straight to Wal-mart, and sure enough, the battery was bad. It was a relief, actually. That's the best worst thing that could have been wrong with the car. So, we sat around Wal-mart for an hour or so before we headed off to the cupcakery. We got to Sweet! and had some delicious cupcakes (we got some for Billy, too ... and our friends, the Adams). On the drive home ... at least an hour and half later than I had wanted to leave for home, we ran into car accident traffic. It was miserable. We were in traffic for an hour and a half. That put it double the time to get home ... nearly 4 hours! It was a ridiculous day, but I did find out a sad thing about the car accident traffic. A truck blew a tire in the oncoming lane and went across the median only to hit a minivan with a family inside. The mother and father had minor injuries and the infant in the car seat on the passenger side was uninjured. However, the six year-old boy in the seat behind the driver was killed instantly. I can't imagine the horror the family must be going through right now. As I am waiting for one child to come into the world, other parents are grieving the loss of their precious child. It is so incredibly sad.

On Saturday night, we took Colton to the water park/pool at our clubhouse. I wanted to show my Mom our amenities that are so close to our house! We love having the clubhouse just across from our neighborhood. Cole had a great time, as always. My Mom enjoyed watching him laugh and play in the pool area.
Swimming in the heated pool at the clubhouse with Daddy.
Swimming on the steps is where Colton likes to be best, because he can touch the ground.
The water park area is so much fun with all of the fountains. Cole takes a little while, but soon he is brave enough to run under the falling water!


Yesterday, I was having some contractions, but it was nothing to be too concerned about ... because no baby arrived. We'll see if I have more today ... or any that start a pattern. I don't know. It seems like she is very happy to be inside. My Mom and I went shopping yesterday. We went to the mall to find her a watch, and then to Michael's to get some things for her glasses. We grocery shopped and finally stopped by a fresh fruit and vegetable stand to get some delicious fresh food. The tomatoes were amazing! Billy brought out his bucket of cars out from when he was young for Colton to play with. Colton LOVES them more than you would ever imagine. He only wants to play with "Daddy's toys".
Finding all of Daddy's good cars, trucks, semis, and tractors!


Today, I hope to get a few more things unpacked and take it easy a bit. Hopefully, the baby will come soon, but I guess she's on her own agenda. Trying to avoid a c-section really limits the amount of things a doctor can do to help you get the baby to come out. It seems like EVERYONE is having their babies ... even people who were due in October! Ho, hum ... I suppose I should enjoy this time with only one kid to worry about and my Mom here to help! Colton loves to watch Grandma Bourland's games on the computer. They have animals on there, and Cole wants to see EVERY animal!
Looking at the computer with Grandma.


I guess I should get moving on the little chores I have to do today! Wish me happy baby hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment