Tuesday, September 6, 2011

no pregnant woman in her 9th month should be allowed to make decisions

I think this is a good rule to live by. Hormones are flying here and there ... up and down. Sometimes you feel one way ... and a second later, you feel completely opposite. You cry at tacky commercials; you bawl at movies; you break down while reading books and Hallmark cards. It's a hormone fiesta party inside, and your common sense is not invited. Yet, there I was ... at the salon ... making decisions--all willy nilly.

It began last Christmas when the little girl I used to watch, Mei Mei, and her family gave me a gift certificate to a salon and spa. I went in May to get my hair cut ... and it was such a great price ... and a good cut, too. However, they gave me a hard time about my certificate not being in their system, etc. So, I ended up with more $$ on my certificate that I started with. I haven't had a chance to go back since ... and now we're moving. My good friend, Gina, offered to watch Colton today while I took advantage of the salon. I decided to get some highlights ... and I went back and forth about getting my hair cut. I tend to make drastic decisions when I start to get annoyed with my hair. I wanted to even out some of the length which definitely needed to be trimmed up and blended in with the next longest layer. But then ... my sister is getting married in October, and I am supposed to have my hair in an up-do. Ay, ay, ay! I decide just the highlights. The next thing I know, I'm asking my stylist her opinion and asking her to blend the layers together. As she carefully cuts--so as not to get too short--I think this is not going how I imagined. I really imagined a much shorter cut ... so I say ... GO FOR IT! Cut it off and blend it shorter. In the back of my head, I wonder what I will think later. But I can't hold the words back ... they flow out of my mouth like honey. Now, don't get me wrong; my hair isn't short ... it's a medium style ... but it's shorter than it was. I like it a lot, but ask me that again in a week or so ... because that's what us pregnant women do--change our minds an infinite number of times!
This last picture, I wanted to show the highlights ... since they are more underneath than on-top.


On a plus note: Starbucks has their fall flavors out! I stopped to get a Decaf-Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte. It was more than delicious! Then I saw that their new flavor this season is Salted Carmel Mocha. I will have to try that one, too! This is the only way it feels like fall for me here in Florida. It's hot as Hades outside ... and a humid train wreck. Everyone else is taking pictures of their thermostats or weather.com sites ... and "fall" has finally come upon them. Meanwhile, we Floridians will feel like it's the dead of summer for 3 more months (if we're lucky). So, I delight in the small fall-like treats that make me realize, indeed, it really is a new season.

No comments:

Post a Comment