Sunday, July 15, 2012

koki's new ride



We're about to head out on a long adventure with the kids to Ely, MN ... that's right, the boundary between the U.S. and Canada.  I know, we live in the south ... the super deep south.  The only further south we can go is Miami.  We are basically driving the entire height of the United States in just over 24 hours.  You can say it.  I already know it.  We are nuts!  


As I was thinking about our long drive and the hundreds of hours we are about to endure in the car, I realized that, currently, Khloe's car seat is not going to work for her.  She has quickly outgrown her infant carrier.  Her feet dangle over the end.  Her head is aligned with the top, and there is absolutely no way I can lift that thing with her in it without nearly breaking my forearm. 
See how big she is getting!  It's ridiculous!
My big girl.
So, I decided it was time for her convertible car seat to be purchased and installed.  Luckily, I had just gotten a coupon via email for 20% off my purchase.  That makes a big difference when making large purchases.  I had done a lot of research when I looked for a convertible car seat for Colton.  The one I settled on was the Evenflo Symphony 65.  It has top ratings in safety and innovation.  It is the #1 mid-range priced car seat in its class.  I bought it for Colton feeling very good about my purchase.  Two years later, I still feel very good about Colton's car seat.  He loves it.  He's comfortable.  And it still has top ratings.  Naturally, when I went looking for a convertible car seat for Khloe, I looked for the same one.  Now, they have the Evenflo Symphony 65 e3.  This is their newest and most updated car seat.  It has all of the features of Colton's car seat with a little more side-impact safety.  It's been two years ... of course, they updated it.  I love this car seat because of the SureLatch system.  It makes it easy to install, and I feel safe knowing that they are securely fastened into the car with no chance of me messing it up by installing it incorrectly.  It's fool proof people!
Side view of the new car seat.  
Another side view.
More of a view where you can see the fabric and such.
View from the third row.
Now, Khloe can enjoy her 30 hour ride north with ease and comfort.  I'm sure this will make her rest easy and have a tear-free ride.  (Insert sarcastic tone here.)  I'm not quite as worried about our drive north ... as I am about my drive back south.  At least when we go up, I can climb in the back and talk with her, if she gets uneasy.  When we come back south, I will be the driver ... and two kids will be locked in the back.  Hopefully, Khloe will become a great rider and learn to enjoy road trips for the fun they are ... well, here's to next summer!


On Friday, Colton was having a blast racing around the house with his big, orange ball.  He was kicking it.  He was throwing it.  He was laughing so hard!  I had to get some pictures.  Koki wasn't sure what was going on.  She tried to keep up with him ... as she always does, but slithering around on the ground doesn't get you too far too quickly!  

About to throw the ball.
Running with it.
So much fun to throw!
On the run!
Sis knows what's coming!
He had such a great time!
I, also, took some pictures this week of my latest project ... the kids' table!  Here are some before, during, and after pictures.  The only thing I have left to finish is Koki's chair.  She can't sit in it ... though, she does like to pull up on Colton's.  I guess I have a little time to finish that ... it's almost done.  
Before ... well ... post primer.  I don't think I took a picture of it in its raw wood state.


I sanded, primed, and painted the table.  I cut up a map, decoupaged it, painted detail, and sealed it.  Colton is obsessed with this table!  He loves it.  Perfect!
Checking it out! 
Here is where he is singing at the top of his lungs, "When a Mother says come here!  Who comes running?! Who comes running?!" When I asked him, "What are you doing?"  He said, "Mommy, I'm just looking at my map on my new table."
One very pleased customer.
His chair.  I will have him put his hand prints on the seat on his third birthday.  We tried many, many times a few weeks ago, and he kept messing it up!  It was such an arduous task that we decided to wait until he's a bit older.
Finished product ... minus one baby girl chair that will it across from Colton.  To be finished soon.
We had a pretty fun weekend.  It started out at the water park on Friday, of course.  We had a MOMs Club event there, so it was fun having a lot of other kids to play with.

Pool fun.
Koki playing with her friend Rachelle.
Colton was enjoying the water fall from the giant mushroom!
On Friday night, we had dinner at the Adams' house.  It was fun to relax with friends.  On Sabbath, we celebrated another friend's birthday.  We had lunch at Maggiano's.  It was delicious!  The guys went go-kart racing Saturday night, and Gwendy and I did a little shopping.  Today, we have been relaxing.  Billy is out mowing the lawn right now.  I just installed Koki's car seat, and now, Colton is ready to go to the water park before we get some rain (as per usual).  This evening, I am going to a girls' night out with Gwendy and Duska.  Duska is ready to have her baby at any moment.  She's not due until August 7, but she is already 3 cm dilated.  So, we thought, since she's not working this weekend (she's a nurse) ... we better have our last girls' night that she can attend for a few months.  We'll do dinner and a movie.  


This week looks to be filled with MOMs Club events ... projects ... and most likely, a little water park time!  I'm sure we won't get bored ... unless it rains all day every day ... I wouldn't put it past Florida.  


I better go help Billy outside ... I am going to spray the weeds ... and he can take a break to take Colton to the water park.  


Have a great week! I'll leave you with a few fun pictures.
Colton LOVES sweet potatoes.  He ate two that night!  (with some peas, too)
Dad shared a gummy with Colton, and it turned his tongue blue!
Sis got stuck crawling under the race track this week.  What a predicament!

No comments:

Post a Comment