Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"rrrrrrr .... ch!"


That's one of the best sounds in the world.  I hear "Rrrrrrrr .... ch!" a lot during the day. Whenever Colton is driving something or riding on something or running really fast ... when he stops, he says, "Rrrrrrrr ... ch!"  There's something about that sound that makes me smile.  I guess it's the sweetness of the sound coming from my two year-old.  Maybe it's the fun he's having playing the simplest of games.  Whatever it is ... I know I will look back someday when I'm old and he's grown, and I will remember the sweet sound of "Rrrrrrrr ... ch!"


Earlier this week, we had a huge storm roll through.  It was loud, and there was a lot of thunder and lightning. I went out to get the mail, and that's when I saw the storm rolling in.  I took a few pictures, because I thought it was so beautiful!
Look at those clouds!

Big and puffy!
Wall clouds ... glad we didn't get a tornado!
On Tuesday, we went to a MOMs Club event--story time at Barnes & Noble.  Colton enjoyed the songs and the stories, but he especially enjoyed the train table afterwards.  He is in NEED (he thinks) of a train table with "lots and lots of trains".  We'll see what Daddy & Grandpa can build him for his birthday.  I'm sure he will love it!
Spent the whole time afterwards playing with the trains.

Today, we had another super rainy afternoon.  We managed to make it to the water park for lunch and a little swim before the storms moved in.  Colton does enjoy going, and he would've really been sad, if we hadn't made it in time.
Colton is enjoying his lunch before our little swim time.
After we got back to the house, just in time ... the rain began to pour!  I decided that since we had a little time before the kids needed to go down for their naps, we could make some peanut butter play dough.  Colton was very excited, and he was ready to help!  
The rain coming down!  It was pouring.
Rain.
Through the window.

Here are all the ingredients you need to make it.  1 cup of peanut butter, 1/2 cup of honey, and 2 cups of confectioners sugar.  You mix that up until it's a good pliable consistency.  Voila! You have (edible) peanut butter play dough.
Colton was pretty excited!  He was ready to be a good helper.
He helped me to lick the peanut butter spatula clean.
Showing me how much fun he's having.
He helped pour the honey into the measuring cup.
He helped dump the honey into the mixing bowl.
He had to taste a little bit of it.
The honey and peanut butter ... mmmmm.
Dumping the confectioners sugar into the bowl.
He helped me mix it, too. 
All done!  It's great fun, and safe to eat (as long as your child can eat peanut butter).
Making worms!
Patting it down into flat pancakes.
He thought it was pretty delicious, too!
Fun times!
Making his name out of play dough.
You just have to seal it up tight in a tupperware, and you can use it again later!
Today, Khloe has semi-completed another milestone ... she has gotten her fourth tooth!  The day after Father's Day, she got her third tooth (top, right, center).  The tooth today is that tooth's companion (top, left, center).  Now, she has four teeth--all before Colton ever had one tooth!  He got his first tooth toward the end of his ninth month, and he had four teeth on his first birthday.  I wonder if by Khloe's first birthday, she will have more than that.  We'll see, but I wouldn't be surprised. I'm glad to see I was right for why she has been waking a little in the early evening before Billy and I go to bed.  I knew that tooth was about to break through.
She is enjoying bits of banana for the first time.  Loving chasing them around the tray!
Grabbing them up.
I just love those eyes!  She is so sweet.
Has to put everything in her mouth! 
Love that grin!
Made a little curl with her hair.  Yes, she is getting hair!
Giggles
I lover her smile and laugh.
Pulling up in the tub ... she has to do that everywhere!  Don't worry, I was right there making sure she wouldn't fall.
Wondering what's over the side of the tub.
All done!  Ready to get out of the tub. :)
When I look at the pictures of my kids or think about the fun times that we have during the week, I see how lucky I am.  I really feel happy that I can spend this time with my kids watching them grow and teaching them.  Colton has shown some excellent growth lately.  He has learned almost all of his letters.  I show him flash cards that we play with, and he can tell me the letter and what it stands for.  Speaking of ... I have a Colton-ism for you.  


I was with the kids and Gwendy and her kids at a cookie shop after story time on Tuesday.  Mason saw the delivery man in the store delivering juice.  He asked his Mommy, "Is that the delivery guy?"  She said, "Yes."  Later, he saw the UPS truck outside, and he asked, "Mommy, is that another delivery guy?"  And she answered, "Yes, but he delivers packages and letters."  Colton stopped eating for a second.  And then he turns to me and says, "Mommy, why would that man be delivering alphabets?" I looked at him confused ... thought for a moment, and then I burst out laughing! To Colton, letters=the alphabet!!! 


Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment