Friday, July 20, 2012

welcome Beckham Lee Mewhirter!


Yesterday evening, a worried Mommy gave me a call, because she was sure she might just be going into labor!  My friend, Duska, thought her water may have broken, but like any second (or third or fourth) pregnancy, it just didn't seem the same as the first time around.  She called her doctor ... and waited and waited and waited.  Finally, the doctor (or nurse) called her back, and she gave her little to no advice.  "You may be in labor ... you may not be."  Well, thanks Bill Nye!  Next time, we'll call Captain Obvious, if we need advice.  So, she decided the best thing would be to go into the hospital and get checked. They admitted her, because tests showed that her water did break.  They started her on pitocin to get her contractions going ... and they called me to head on down to the hospital to pick up their first born ... Landon.  


I got down to the hospital around 9:30 p.m.  Landon looked very sleepy ... and he was ready for bed.  Mike and I got all of his things into our car, and I popped on "Bee Movie" for him to watch on the ride home.  When we got to our house, I put him straight to bed.  He was out like a light!  


This morning, our house was full of laughter, playtime, fun, and giggles.  Colton has enjoyed having Landon around to play cars and trains with.  They had fun making funny noises at each other at breakfast.  


After breakfast, I had to put the kiddos (all three) into the car and head to the bank.  I had to sign some paperwork, because I am the new treasurer of my MOMs Club.  Now, I have the access to our club's account.  All three kids in tow, we made it to and from the bank.  
An excited OFFICIAL big brother!
Not too long after we got home, I got a text.  He arrived!  Isn't he adorable!?! Newborns are just so cuddly and loving.  
Beckham Lee Mewhirter
7 lbs. 14 oz.
20 inches
Born at 10:28 a.m.
After our outing, we played a bit more while Khloe slept ... then we headed to the water park for lunch and outdoor playtime!  I hit the garage door opener to get the stroller out ... and nothing.  It tried to open and then it shut again.  Again and again, I tried.  Nothing.  At that moment, I recalled hearing a strange noise while the boys were playing earlier, and I just thought someone had thrown a toy or dropped something.  But now, I was wondering if it might be the garage door that I had heard.  I looked around, and sure enough ... the torsion spring on the left side of garage door busted!  Deja vu!  This happened to us last summer at our old house in Altamonte.  Well, no big deal ... I could get the stroller out of the other garage door ... but how would I ever get our car out!  I called Billy, and he told me to take care of it.  I immediately called Sears ... they fixed it for us last time--$175.  They said, "It will be $299.99.  We can't come out until Tuesday the 24th."  What!?!  Am I supposed to walk everywhere for four days?  So, I said, "Last time, I had Sears fix our torsion spring, and it cost me $175."  She looked up my phone number to see if I was in the system ... and I was not.  I said, "Well, I had Sears fix it at our house in Orlando."  She said, "OH ... Orlando is a totally different place.  They have their own repair center and different pricing."  I said, "Well, I can't wait until Tuesday, so thanks anyway!"  (And I'm not paying you $299.99.)  Then I googled garage door repair in Wesley Chapel ... and I found a company that would replace my springs, give me a warranty, do it TODAY, and only charge me $175!  Win and win!  Phew, crisis averted! 


So, after all of that ... I pack the kids in the stroller (and Colton walked along side).  We headed to the pool.  It wasn't until I got to the pool gate that I realized I had left my access card at home.  Blast!  I did not want to walk them all of the way home.  I went to the gate and explained that I live here ... I am here all of the time ... I will give them my name, address, phone number, etc. Please let me in!  The young girl working there told me to plead to her boss.  I did.  The boss said, "Do you have an I.D. ... like a driver's license?"  Uh ... I did not bring my purse to the pool!  She turned me away.  I was bummed.  I told Colton we had to walk home to get our card.  We left the pool area when a lady came running after me.  She said she would let me in as her guest.  She looked at me and said, "I can't believe what just happened!  I mean, you have three babies with you.  They should've let you in!"  She told them I was her friend, and I had to write my name on a piece of paper (which I offered to do originally).  Phew, again!  We got to go eat lunch and play at the pool for a while!  Yay for no rain, too ... it has been so rainy lately, and it was nice to have a sunny afternoon to play.  But it was HOT!!!!  I'm glad we were in the water.  

Headed out to the water park!  Three kids ready to go.  Khloe was hot and not having it!
Playtime fun!
Love these three kiddos!  They had fun!
Now, the kids are asleep ... I am ready to sleep, but I should get the house clean for Sabbath.  Mike (Landon's Dad) will be here soon to pick him up.  Duska's Mom surprised them both by flying in and showing up to the hospital today.  Isn't that so sweet? 


I love babies!  I can't wait to meet him tomorrow.  I'm so happy it's the weekend!  Happy Sabbath everyone!


A Few Coltonisms:
This week, he told me, "Mommy, this oatmeal is AMAZING!"  Glad I could make such wonderful instant oatmeal. :)


Cole was eating his haystacks for dinner tonight, and he put all of his olives on his fingers.  He kept saying, "Mommy!  Watch what I can do!" (It reminds me of Bambi.) Then he stopped and said, "That was awesome, Mommy! Just awesome!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment