Thursday, July 14, 2011

doctors appointments

As I mentioned before, this has been a crazy, busy week! We did have two doctors appointments this week. My appointment was first. Sissy Wally checked out great! I'm measuring the correct size for my due date. My blood pressure was perfect. Her heartbeat was 146. I still (knock on wood) have had no swelling. I did take my glucose test (only 6 weeks late!). I will get my results at my next doctor's appointment in two weeks ... unless something is wrong, I'm sure. I'm feeling pretty good about it. So, all seems to be going well.

Colton had his 18 month check-up (at 19 months) the day after mine. He is weighing 28.5 pounds (80th percentile). His height is 33 1/4 inches (75th percentile), and his head measured 19 7/8 in. (off the charts in percentile). Because his head is so big (even though it's always been big), and because of his accident at 4 months, we'll have to take him to see the neurosurgeon that saw him in the hospital back then. He saw some fluid in the skull that he predicted would go away on it's own, but we never did take him in for a post-check. The pediatrician wants Colton to be checked out ... just in case ... because he's a big-headed kid. She doesn't really think there is anything wrong, but she'd rather be safe than sorry. I think he's fine ... just a big head like Daddy and Grandpa Heinrich. Other than that, he is doing great! She was very happy to see that he is talking so much, and since she is hispanic, she found it hilarious that he counted to 10 in Spanish to her. She said that she is not worried at all about his mental development or physical development, so we are glad to hear that. He got two shots, and he never got a fever from them. So, I was glad to see that they didn't seem to affect him much at all. His sleeping wasn't even disturbed! Since my last tooth update, Colton's had gotten 4 more teeth ... he's got a total of 15 with one more coming in at the moment. His mouth will nearly be full soon!

We've still been super busy around here. A guy installing our new granite countertops is coming to measure and make a template this afternoon, so we should have our new counter tops in a few days. Still cleaning and cleaning ... I'm attacking the guest room today. Billy worked it out with a guy to professionally power wash our driveway, sidewalks, part of our house, and the back pool area, so that should be done by the weekend. We're slowly coming together over here.

Tomorrow, we head down to Tampa to take some pictures of the house. It will be nice to see it again and get some photos of the place.

Well, Colton is napping, so I must be off to organize and de-clutter!

No comments:

Post a Comment