Thursday, July 28, 2011

waiting game ...

Yesterday, we went down to Tampa to the house to have the inspection. It went really well. There are a few things, but aren't there always a few things? Nothing too big that we can't handle or ask the sellers to handle before close. Colton had a great ride up and back. On the ride back, he had a MAJOR blow-out! It was SO stinky and it leaked on his car seat pad. Yucky! I washed it and his clothes ASAP upon returning home. Next step on buying our new home ... Appraisal. I'm definitely not as nervous about this one! :)

Today, we had our home appraised. We won't know for several days for what price it was appraised, so we are on pins and needles now for the weekend ... and potentially a few days at the beginning of next week! She seemed like a really nice lady--I'm not sure what that has to do with the price she chooses, but it makes me feel better. I feel badly for our buyers. I guess they have paid for an appraisal and home inspection on two other homes before this one ... and both times, the appraisal was too low for the seller and the sale fell through. They have spent a lot of money "potentially" buying a house. I am sure they are ready for this appraisal to come out right, so we can continue with the sale, and they can get their new home, too.

This weekend is finally here, and I'm happy that it is ... but I'm nervous, too. Hopefully, we can have a relaxing family weekend and keep our minds off of this situation for a few days.

Colton's nap time ... better get him cleaned up from lunch ...

No comments:

Post a Comment