Sunday, July 17, 2011

exhausted ... but satisfied

Today was, perhaps, the longest day I've had in quite a while. We got up early, and we went outside and worked and worked and worked. We put down mulch in all of our flower beds ... and quite a few beds are rather large--took a lot of mulch! We planted or transplanted six plants and planted six pots of flowers. We finished some painting, hauled rock, lined a flower bed with pavers, mowed, weed-eated, edged, swept up the mess, set up the family room, hauled boxes to the garage, dumped the old carpet, moved furniture to our house from Brenda's house, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the living room, trimmed bushes, trimmed vines, trimmed trees, hauled the garbage out to the curb, and still ... I have a few more things to do before tomorrow comes. It was definitely a day of satisfied labor resulting in complete exhaustion ... and some sore feet. We are trying to get ready to list our house to move, and I think it looks great! We did a great job, if I do say so myself. Colton took a nice BIG nap this afternoon, and played well inside while Billy and I traded off working outside. What a good boy!

I guess since I have a little left to do today, I better head off of here and hop to it! Did I mention the granite countertops in our kitchen look fabulous!?! I will take a picture and post it ... maybe tomorrow. Everything is coming together ... slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment