Wednesday, July 13, 2011

overwhelmed!!!!

Since we are putting our house on the market next week, I have been SO busy getting things ready. I have been de-cluttering like a fiend ... I have put up TWO new fans/lights in the master bedroom and family room ... I put up a new light in the hallway ... I found a black fridge on craigslist and replaced our white fridge with it ... I have (with Billy's help) rearranged our furniture (only to have to put some of it back where we started) ... I have emptied most of our bookshelves ... I have gotten our carpets cleaned ... I have (with Billy's help) weeded and de-gardened two of our 4 flower beds out back ... I have put up curtains in two rooms ... I have posted our old fridge on craigslist ... and STILL ... I have SO MUCH left to do!!!! I am feeling so overwhelmed, because I can't do any lifting. So, I have to wait until Billy gets home to get a lot of the bigger stuff done. (Not to mention all that Billy has done to get things ready ... staining the fence, getting our mortgage figured out, talking to the realtor, talking to the seller of our new home, etc.) Every time I get a bunch accomplished, I want to feel good ... then I think about all of the other stuff I have left to do ... and I feel way behind again.
Old fridge ... white ... didn't match.
New-ish black fridge to match our other appliances in the kitchen. Great deal on craigslist!
New fan in the family room.
New fan in our master bedroom.
New light in the hallway.
The old glass light cover that was in the guest room.
I replaced the glass bulb with this one. Doesn't it look so much better?
I'm SO READY to have our home sold! I hope that it goes well, because I think that's a lot of what's overwhelming me ... I just want to have this house sold, and I'm SO incredibly nervous about that. We live in a great neighborhood with an excellent school district (one of the top in the Orlando Metro area). We have a great, large pool ... and our home is in good shape with lots of upgrades. We are close to a lot of great shopping, a 30-mile bike/walking trail, and a park. I hope that all of those things makes our home desirable.

I think another overwhelming aspect of this move is that we have already found a new house! It should be exciting and wonderful, but it's just scary. I love the new house ... we are in the midst of negotiating and signing contracts, but it has all that we need. It's a 4/3 ... which I definitely wanted. It has a 3-car garage ... which we really need for extra storage ... and the storage built-ins in the garage are fabulous! It's an open kitchen to family room floor plan ... which I really wanted, too. The best part is that it's in a GREAT neighborhood. We are getting a super good deal on the house, but back to our original issue--we still have a home in Orlando! And have I mentioned that I dislike moving? I don't mind packing things up ... it's better than unpacking. I really dislike putting it onto a truck and taking it off of the truck. Now, since I am almost 8 months pregnant, I don't have to participate in the loading and unloading ... also depending on when our big move actually takes place ... depending on when our current home sells ... but I still dislike moving. This is when I get in my "throw everything away" mode, and I wish I was I Dream of Jeannie ... I would blink it all to the new house in an instant!

On the plus side of life ... Colton is keeping me great company, and he has been showing me all the newest things he has learned lately. He has started speaking in sentences! I love it! It makes it so much fun to talk to him now. He will say things like, "Where'd Daddy go?" "He's at work." "I see ... (insert any word here that makes sense--puppy, cars, trees, etc.)". "Mommy fixed it." "Climb up, please." He likes those short sentences, but they aren't repeated ... he makes them up, as needed. He can, also, answer questions. If I say, "What's your name?" He'll say, "Colton!" or I can say, "How old are you?" And he'll say, "ONE!" Another thing he has started doing lately is singing ... we listened to A LOT of music on our month-long road trip. He knows most of those songs, and I will hear him singing as he plays or he'll finish the words to the song, if I am singing it. I had no idea he knew so many different songs! Mary Had a Little Lamb, This Little Light of Mine, Pattycake, Aiken Drum, Jesus Loves Me, Skip to My Loo, etc. The funniest thing he can do now is count to 10 in Spanish (and English). Here's a video:
This kid cracks me up ... I apologize for bath time and everything hanging out, but he's so cooperative in the bath. I knew he would do it and not avoid the camera!

Last night, we went to check on this kid before we headed to bed. Here's what we found!
When stuffed animals attack! Is he a nut, or what?
I'm glad that this kid can always make me smile. He's such a sweetheart, and I love him so much!

Well, I've spent enough time on here. Back to the tasks at hand ... operation sell our home!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying that your house sells super fast! I know that it must feel so crazy right now, but God will get you through. If you just need to talk/vent, you know who to call:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this photo of the pile of stuffed animals!

    ReplyDelete