Tuesday, July 19, 2011

prepped and ready for sale

After an intense week and half of cleaning, scrubbing, packing, de-cluttering, and staging, our house if finally ready to list. I am praying and praying that the Lord has someone who wants to buy our home ... and to cover our remaining mortgage. It's a terrible market to sell, but I know that God is watching over us. He has blessed Billy with a new job, and we have found a lovely home in Tampa to raise our kids. I know that there is someone out there who is ready to buy our home here in Orlando for just what we need to have them buy it for ... no more ... no less. Please keep praying for us.

Here are some of the changes we have made over the past few weeks.
The front of the house. We put down new mulch, trimmed the flowers, mowed, weed-eated, and edged. We, also, had a guy pressure wash our sidewalks and driveway ... he washed the garage door, too. Then I repainted the front porch.
The front entryway. I took down the old curtains that were there when we bought the house! I cleaned up the area really well, and I added those candles in the windows. Since we moved in, I put in the new light fixture, as well.
The living room. Since we moved in, I put in the ceiling fan. This past week, I just de-cluttered the bookshelves, and I put away all of Colton's toys. Now, he just has a plastic storage bin filled with toys that can easily be moved to the garage when we have people coming to look at the house. We, also, added the chair from Brenda's house to add some extra staging furniture.
The dining room just got a really good clean, and we must keep all of our clutter off of that table!
The kitchen got a large facelift! We got new granite countertops. I think they look great with both of the white cabinets and the black appliances. We, also, got a new-ish black fridge to match the other appliances in the kitchen. Then I just de-cluttered and wiped the cabinet faces clean. Earlier this year, we put new hardware on the cabinets, so those were a good touch for selling.
Well, we finally staged the family room. It was our giant hallway for nearly 2 1/2 years, but to sell it, we knew that people would need to see what the room could be used for. We borrowed the futon and chair from Brenda. We moved the chest dresser from our room to the family room for two reasons. #1--We needed to de-clutter the master bedroom. #2--The family room needed some furniture! I, also, added some curtains, rearranged my plants (that are still alive, thank you!), and put some things on the walls. We got the rug from Home Depot. We figure we have a place to use it in the new house anyway, so it was a good buy.
The guest room. I just de-cluttered the closet (which you don't really need to see). I, also, just cleaned up to make it look ready to show. And there's the glass globe on the fan that I changed to update the fan.
Colton's room ... I just de-cluttered the closet and the changing table. Otherwise, I was happy with this room.
The guest bathroom ... I changed the hardware. I think it looks modern and clean. I, also, added that shelf above the toilet. It was meant for Sissy Wally's room, but I don't know when or where that will be set up. So ... someday, I guess. I, also, hung that picture I found for cheap at Home Goods. Just have to make sure the bathroom is clean and bright.
Our master bedroom took a lot of work. We moved that chest dresser out to the family room. Then I de-cluttered the side tables and added those lamps, and I, also, de-cluttered my dresser. Billy and I both de-cluttered our closets. I put up the new ceiling fan with a light, as well.
We just cleaned our master bathroom. We did all of the renovations the first summer we lived here, so not much needed to be done. I still might find a curtain for the window above the toilet, but I don't know for sure.
The Florida room ... we tore out the carpet, and we painted the floors. We de-cluttered and just made the area look clean and open.
This is where we did most of our work on Sunday. We tore out all of our weeds, mulched, planted bushes/flowers, mowed, edged, weed-eated, trimmed the bushes and vines, cleaned up the pool area, etc. What a long day! I think it looks really great, though, and I think it looks like a high selling point for our home.


So ... that's what we've been up to for a week and a half ... that and dealing with the bank for our new mortgage, going house hunting and signing papers in Tampa, calling the refrigerator repairman, the granite installers, carpet cleaners, power washer guy, our realtor, and doing minor repairs around the house inside and out. Phew! I am tired. Oh, yeah ... and I took care of our 1 1/2 year old son during all of this while Billy worked a full-time job.

We meet with our realtor tomorrow. He has been out of town ... well, out of the country. He just got back today, so he will come by tomorrow to talk about the list price and to take pictures to get it out on the web and into the hands of other realtors! I am ready! I wish he could come by today, but he had to close on two houses today. I don't know if I will relax until this house gets sold, but I do feel much better now that almost all of the work is done on our side. Now, we just have to pray and wait for the right buyer. Our life is pretty boring right now ... no time to do anything fun but work on selling our house and buying our new house. I wouldn't call either of those fun until they are both done!

No comments:

Post a Comment