Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Big Week

This has been a full week here in the Heinrich household. Billy started his new job on Monday, and as it is with any new job, he had some boring moments and some stressful moments. I'm sure it's always tough starting a new job ... but with this one, the system is different than the hospital system in Orlando, so he's learning a new way to do things and new people with which to do them. By Thanksgiving, all should be rolling well, and he'll be feeling comfortable, I'm sure. Luckily, his temporary housing is right next to the hospital, so he doesn't have far to go to get to work (or home from work). Colton and I visited him Wednesday night through Friday afternoon (then Billy came home with us to Orlando for the weekend). Cole was excited to see Daddy ... he had been asking for him the two days that we didn't see Billy, and I know that it was good for Billy to have us there when he got home Wednesday night from work. We stayed with our friends, Brian and Gwendy, while we were there this week. I always like staying with them. Colton loves to play with Mason, and he loves to be around Brian and Gwendy. We always have a great time with them, too. It was a fun couple of days with the Adams ... which is good, because they are being gracious enough to let us come back this coming week. We'll do Wednesday through Friday, again. It helps break up the fact that Billy is living in Tampa 5 days a week.
Colton and Mason ... matching jammies! They looked so cute.


On a sad front, the red car had some issues on Thursday. Billy drove it to his apartment after work, got changed, and started to head back to the Adams' house to see us ... when he got into his car, it wouldn't start! Luckily, I was in town, so I came to get him. We tried to jump start the car, but to no avail. Pep Boys had it towed to their store for a decent price, and they found that the starter was out ... as well as, a broken oil cap, and a main belt. So, we are glad that they could fix it ... and it wasn't too expensive, but right now--as we are buying and selling two houses, any price is a bad price. $10 is something we didn't want to spend on car repairs this month ... let alone hundreds of dollars. Oh, well. This is the price of owning a vehicle. Just makes me realize that our first car purchase after the house buying/selling and loan repayments are under control will have to be a car for Billy. He needs something reliable ... not this car which we seem to have in the shop several times a year. Well, on the bright side, I was there to help Billy out and give him a car to drive to work on Friday, and we could afford the repairs. So, God blesses ... even in tough situations.
Billy's car ready to be towed away.


On a productive note, I painted half of Sissy Wally's crib this past week. I will finish it Sunday or Monday. Then I'm ready to start on the dresser and bed-side table. I plan to pack up the living room, dining room, and kitchen this week (well, most of it ... I'll need to leave some kitchen items to survive the next 2 1/2 weeks. Hopefully, next week I'll get the remaining part of the house done. I have a lot to do ... and only getting the master bedroom and bathroom done last week just wasn't enough. I have to pack more quickly, since I'm out of town a few days a week due to visiting Billy in Tampa. I'd like to be all packed and ready to move by the time Billy's parents get here after Labor Day.
Before I painted the crib all white.
After I painted the crib all white. It's looking pretty good. I have to roll over it once to smooth out the spray paint job but not a big deal. I think it's coming together.


Another major happening this week was on Wednesday I saw the doctor. All went well ... I did not get a good picture during the sonogram. Apparently, she is head down/face down--which is perfect for labor and terrible for pictures! We couldn't even confirm that she's a girl, because she was all scrunched up with no where to go ... and she wouldn't move to show us. Oh, well. I did find out some great things ... first, she is 6 lbs. 15 oz. (give our take a pound--but they guess on the high side, so she may be 5lbs. 15 oz.). She seems to be a decent size for a VBAC. She is in the 84th percentile (give or take 10-15%). My doctor said she isn't measuring too big, so we don't have to worry about a Colton sized baby! I, also, found out that I have the right amount of amniotic fluid ... which is fabulous. With Colton, I had an excess amount, and I felt all fluidy. With Sissy Wally, I'm right on track, and there's nothing to worry about there. My uterus has not dropped into place, yet, and ***TMI warning*** ... my cervix is closed, so it doesn't look like she's ready to come out quite yet. I am very glad for this, because I hope she stays in there until after we've moved to Tampa! Finally, the doctor said that there's nothing that shows cause for concern. All seems to be going well and on schedule for the original due date--no changes there, either.
Sissy Wally ... face down/head down. This is her spine and back of her head. All we could get out of her this time around!


This weekend has been wonderful! It's so nice to have Billy home. I hate that I have to spend the next two days without him, but at least we'll head down to Tampa on Wednesday, again, this week. Colton has really enjoyed playing with Daddy ... climbing all over him ... watching Disney clips on the iPad with him ... playing cars and trucks with him. It's hard to not have Daddy here for a couple of days, but I guess two days is much better than five days!
Colton spending time with Daddy.


Okay, I better be off to continue packing and painting. Have a great week! To put a smile on your face, I'll leave you with a video of Colton dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment