Wednesday, August 10, 2011

love for the new baby

Yesterday, Billy had his going away party at work. The people he works with are wonderful! I will miss them, too. Billy has really enjoyed his current job, and God has blessed him with some amazing people to work with. He has loved going to work these past two and half years ... which makes every day more of a joy. His co-workers are so nice that they gave us some gifts for Sissy Wally. Here's what she got:
A cute outfit from Kimberly.
Some adorable bath stuff including a princess duck from Michael and Amanda Maggard.
Super cute onesies and jeans from the GAP from Andrea.
Jammies, bibs, and girly teething toys from the CNO, Heather. She just had a baby girl (after having a boy, too) in April of this year.

Everyone was so nice ... they were even kind enough to get Colton a singing bear and crayons with a coloring book. Billy got a gift, too. What a sweet group of people! We will really miss them! Hopefully, God will allow Billy to work with some of them again someday.

I have been working on an outfit for Sissy Wally this week. I am making the outfit she will wear to my sister's wedding. So far, I have the onesie done.
This is the front of the onesie. One of the "necklace" pieces is a vintage button I found.
And this is the back of the onesie. I wasn't sure how the bow would turn out, but it looks pretty good, I think. I like how it looks like a real necklace.

I have started on the tutu, but it's boring. So, I took a break from that, and now, I am working on some bloomers. I bought tights already, and I will continue to look for the right shoes. Since she'll only be about 3 weeks old, I'm not so set on shoes, but we'll see if I can find some I like.

I had to capture this cute moment between Billy and Colton. Billy was reading a magazine, and Colton wanted to join in on the fun. How cute are they!?!
Like Daddy like son.


I had another doctor's appointment today. I am 34 1/2 weeks along. I asked for another sonogram, and my doctor said that he could probably swing it ... he'd use that my previous baby was large, and they want to make sure this one is not showing the same signs as an excuse for another sonogram. Sounds good to me! I just wanted to see her one more time ... and to make sure she's a girl! She was moving around pretty well. The nurse said that when you find the heartbeat, the baby hears a buzzing sound that it's not used to and that's why it moves around and away so much. Anyway, she said the heartbeat was 138, and everything else seems to be good. Still no swelling ... which has been really great for me this time! Measuring well, and I'm looking forward to another sonogram next Wednesday.

Tomorrow, we have our home inspected. If all goes well ... which it should ... we'll just be waiting to close on September 8! I am looking forward to having this all over and done with. It will be nice to start getting everything packed up. I'll have about 3 1/2 weeks to get it done. I may not have to move it, but I'll have a big job packing and labeling ... and figuring out what to pack last--since we'll need to live on some of it until we move!

I'll leave you with something that Colton said today that cracked me up. He was standing next to me, and he said, "Alright, Colton ... let's get going!" Love that kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment