Saturday, August 6, 2011

to the beach ... one more time

We decided to spend the Sabbath at the Atlantic side of the beach one last time before we move to Tampa and enjoy the Gulf Coast more often. Our favorite beach, New Smyrna, did not let us down. It was a pretty hot day out there, but the water was SO nice! We spent most of our time in the water. Colton has become braver by each visit to the beach. He said over and over, "Here comes the wave!" Then he would run into the water to make sure he got splashed by it. He, also, likes to throw the shells back into the ocean, and so the ocean gives them back to him ... and it's a repeat process of fun. We ate lunch out at the beach, too. I packed egg salad sandwiches, cheese sticks, sliced green peppers, granola bars, peaches, water, and gummies. It was a good lunch! We enjoyed it, and because we spent most of the time in the water, it was a less sandy lunch than usual.
Daddy & Colton headed straight for the water.
The spectacular view on a hot summer's day.
Colton bends down to play in the waves. He's loving it!
Daddy and Colton play in the sand ... digging holes, no doubt.
They stop for a smile.
Yep, definitely hole digging! You can see Colton getting into it. This is before he ran right through the hole and face planted in the sand.
I was there enjoying the sun and surf, as well. I tried to get a good picture of my belly getting sun, but it just looked like I had no clothes on. The belly is too big now ... it covers my bottoms while sitting. Does not make for a good picture.


When we got home, Colton took a small nap (he also napped most of the way home), and then we all swam in the pool for another hour or so. We had a fun Sabbath of cool dips in the ocean and the pool. I like to see Colton more and more excited to be swimming, splashing, jumping in, going under water, etc. He did not want to leave the beach. Every time I said, "Colton, let's go home." He'd say, "Here comes a wave!" And he'd head back out to sea. At home when it's time to go inside from the pool, he'll cry and beg to go swimming. It makes me happy to see he likes it so much. We had a really fun family day today, and I will miss New Smyrna. It makes me feel better that we will have plenty of ocean where we're going ... and pools ... and splash parks. I'm pretty sure we'll be fine!

Tonight, we'll probably go for a walk and then Colton will most likely crash ... he'll be so tired. I'm enjoying what little relaxing time we have left ... as I will be packing up the house by the end of the week, and moving, and doctor's appointments, and having this baby ... busy, busy, busy! Today, is relaxing and all about family. I am happy for that.

Happy Sabbath!

No comments:

Post a Comment