Sunday, August 14, 2011

set to close

We're on the move! The home inspection went very well, and we are set to close on September 8. I feel like God has really had His hand in this entire opportunity for us. With this job opportunity for Bill to grow in his career, finding a home (by accident) right away in Tampa, and selling our home immediately here in Orlando, I feel like God is watching over us. I mean, we put our house on the market on a Thursday, the next day (Friday) we had our first interest, the following day (Sabbath) they put in an offer, and by Monday, we had signed the initial offer papers and were on our way to appraisal and inspection (not including that we had another offer that same weekend from different buyers, as well!). Then ... although the appraisal came in lower than we would have liked, it was still at a price with which we could afford to close ... and the inspection went through very well, too. We even found out that the people purchasing our home are currently living in the same duplexes that we lived in when we were buying this home almost 2 1/2 years ago! We were neighbors then!

We are super busy now! Billy starts his new job in Tampa tomorrow as the Assistant Vice President of Finance. He is excited (and I'm sure nervous). I will start painting some of Sissy Wally's furniture ... crib, dresser, bed-side table ... white tomorrow. I want them to be done being painted, so we can just move them into her room right away when we move down there. I will, also, be packing, packing, packing. I am going to take it one room at a time. I'll start with our master bedroom and bathroom ... and move through the house room by room. I have 3 1/2 weeks to pack ... and maybe a little less, since I'll probably spend a couple of nights a week down in Tampa with Billy. I am so thankful for Brian and Gwendy who have offered their guest bedroom to us when I come down for the next 3 weeks. We'll only be inconvenienced until Labor Day weekend ... then we close the Thursday after that and move down that day, so we'll have our own place with everything moved in by the time I'm 39 weeks! I am in the midst of picking out paint for Colton and Sissy Wally's rooms. I am struggling, because I want the same color in each room ... but I don't! I have a lot of figuring out to do--at least it's fun decision making. I'll fill you guys in when I figure out just what I want to paint them. I will, also, have to paint the kids' bathroom, guest bathroom, and guest room, but I think I can wait on those for a little while. I'm just in a hurry to get the kids' rooms done, so they can feel moved in and the paint fumes will be gone by the time they sleep in there.

I just have to post a picture of Colton. Billy brought home a hat from his Town Hall meetings. It was a Yacht or Cruise theme, so the hat is a sailor's hat. Colton LOVES it! He puts it on himself a lot and wants to wear it around everywhere. It's a little big on him, but he turns it inside out ... this way it stays on his head. I think it's pretty genius that he figured that out on his own! Anyway, he looks super cute in the hat, so I thought I'd share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment