Thursday, May 19, 2011

hair mess

I am very excited about my new hair cut. My hairstylist was super nice, and she did a great job! There were a few issues with the salon that were very unexpected. First of all, my hair cut started about an hour after my appointment began. I guess the lady ahead of me made an appointment for a wash and style. When she got there, she asked for a cut, as well. So, the stylist was way behind. I didn't mind the wait. I was enjoying some time to myself. My shampoo lady gave me the longest shampoo ever! I think it was because she felt so badly for me having to wait for so long. I was in the shampoo chair for nearly 15 minutes! It was great, though. The hair cut itself was really good. The stylist was really very nice, and I liked her a lot. When I went to pay, I used a gift certificate ... that I mentioned before was a gift from a friend. They couldn't find record of the gift certificate in their system. So, instead of eating the cost and issuing me a new certificate--because obviously, I had a valid one that didn't get entered correctly--they made a huge mess of it. I waited at the counter for 20 minutes as I listened to them try to figure out what to do. We typed in every name possible 10 times. Mine, the gift giver, the gift giver's husband ... both of which use the salon. No record. They gave me a discount and offered to add money to my certificate once they figured it out, if I would pay for it on my credit card today. It was a good deal, so I paid. My poor friend had to find the paper trail for me, so I could prove validity to the salon. I would think the name of the person who sold it to my friend hand written on the gift certificate would be valid enough, but the manager seemed really up in arms about what to do. They are going to call me tomorrow ... I guess they will have it figured out. It better end up with me having a valid gift certificate worth a little bit more than it was today. We'll see. What a mess! My new haircut! It may not look too different, but it is a lot smaller ... not so thick! She gave me extra layers and thinned out my huge hair. Yay!

Earlier today, Colton and I enjoyed a morning out. We went to Crane's Roost for breakfast. We ate out at the park. Colton enjoyed meeting a friendly duck while we ate. She got really close, and he was thrilled about it! He almost wouldn't eat, because he was watching her so intensely. He's giving her the stare down. He just loved to watch her!

Colton enjoyed the breakfast and then we ran around the park a little bit. He wanted to go look at the fountain, too. He liked looking at the water and trying to stick his hands in it. Me and my buddy having breakfast at the park.Colton is such a little cheeser! I love it.



He spent a little bit of time running from his shadow! It was so funny. He noticed it on the ground and would run and look to see if it was still there. Then he would laugh and run until it disappeared because he ran into the shade. Then he would go back into the sun to see the shadow again. I wish I had it on video!
We, also, ran down to look at the water and to see what all of those colorful flowers were about. Colton was happy to see some puppies at the park this morning, too!
He even found a cute flower.


After the park, I had to run some errands at the mall. We had to make a stop at the kids' play area. He loves to run around and climb up the slide. He had such a great time!



I saw while I was there that they have a marionette show twice a week for only $5 per person. The only drawback is that it's 45 minutes long. I would like to take him there, but I don't know if he'd last that long. I want to try it sometime, though.

Upon leaving the mall, I saw there was a really good sale at Children's Place. I thought I'd just pop in to see what it was all about. They were having 25% off of clearance. I got a bunch of things for $3 a piece! I really don't need to be stocking up so early, but it was such a good deal, I couldn't help myself. I can't even get clothes that cheap at Target. We really don't have fabulous garage sales here in Orlando. I know 25 cents a piece would be even better ... but I do what I can with what we have. Here's what I found for Sissy Wally. I got all of these onesies, a jacket, and even a pair of jeans for $3 each!And three pairs of footie jammies ... I prefer the button and not the zip, but they were so cheap!

Hopefully, I can get some hand-me-downs, too. I am willing to take anything I can get for this girl. I'm excited to get on painting her crib, so I can set it up in her room ... but I don't think I'll have time until July. Oh, well ... something to look forward to, I guess.

Colton had a little spill today while I was getting my hair done. His high chair tray didn't latch, I guess ... and he fell to the ground. This is why I hate tile! He's okay. Just a little bump and a scrape. He's definitely had worse. I think it scared him (and Billy) more than it actually hurt him. He's asleep now with blue blanket, so all is right in the world! This boy is going to have many spills and accidents. I'm just thankful for Arnica!

No comments:

Post a Comment