Sunday, May 22, 2011

party, party

Today, we went to our friend, Mei Li's, first birthday party! It was really a wonderful event. Mellie and Dave did a great job pulling it all together. It was, also, a super location. It was in Sanford at the park downtown, and the splash zone was a big hit with everyone! Mei Mei's theme was ice cream cones ... and even though it was too hot to actually have much ice cream, the decor and the cake and cupcakes were adorable. It was fun to see everyone, too! I can't believe how big everyone's kids are getting. It's amazing how time flies, and you don't even notice it. Here's some pictures from the party:
Can you see Colton in between there? He's way up high with Daddy!
Before the party started, we headed to the jungle gym for some sliding fun! The only problem was it was WAY too hot to be out of the shade and not in the water. So after a few rounds down the slide, we headed back for the safety fo the shaded picnic area. Whew! Summer is here!



These are some of the decorations and food tables. How cute are the ice cream cone cupcakes? I love the pictures of Mei Mei from each month through the year. She's such a sweetie!



Mei Li had a fun time eating her smash cake! At first, she didn't know what to do, but she figured it out quickly. She's such a cutie! Mellie told me later that she just ran Mei Li under the water the in bathroom sink to wash her off. Funny!










Colton really enjoyed the cupcake ice cream cone. As you can see, he really got into eating it! I'm glad I took off his shirt, but I should've removed his shorts, too. Oh, well. He cherished every bite! (I know I overtook photos of this ... and overposted them, but I think they are SO cute, so I couldn't help myself!)


Once he was all cupcake covered ... and clearly exhausted ... we suited him up, and he went for a splash in the fountains with Daddy. He had a lot of fun, and he got several faces full of shooting fountain.



Before we left, we had to get a picture with the birthday girl, wish her a "Happy Birthday", and of course, get in a little birthday smooch!


On the way home from the party, Colton crashed. He was so asleep that he didn't budge when I put him in the crib and put dry pants on him. He just snored through it! The only problem is that he only slept for an hour and a half! He sleeps more on regular days. All that sugar came back with a vengeance, and he was up and ready to go and play for the rest of the day. He was pretty tired by 8:00 pm, so we tried to get him to be early. He barely made it through our walk.

This week, we are going to be cleaning and packing. We head out on Thursday. Billy is going to miss us, but I know it will go fast ... at least for us. I'm just glad he'll be with us for the first week and a half. The summer is in full swing here, and I am anxious to get a much needed break from the Florida heat! Plus, I'm excited to see friends and family.

Well, even though Mei Li's birthday is officially on Wednesday ... also the day Oprah will end her show ... a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Miss Mei Mei! I can't believe she's 1 already!

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures of Colton with the ice cream cone cupcake are awesome! It looks like he truly enjoyed it, and I'm glad! I'm so happy you all had a good time. You got some great pictures today. I'm relieved the party itself is behind me but sad this milestone is passing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! It's nice to have that party not hanging over your head, but to know your baby is becoming a toddler is so hard, too! We had a great time at the party. You did a wonderful job putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete