Monday, May 2, 2011

a sunday in may

I'm pretty excited about this time of year. Last year, we planted two blueberry bushes. One died. But the other one is alive and thriving! These past couple of weeks, we have eaten about 2 pints of blueberries from our backyard ... and there are tons more waiting for us to enjoy! For breakfast on Sunday, we had fresh blueberry pancakes courtesy of our bush in the backyard. Don't they look delicious!?!

So, Colton's fever last week turned into a cold this week. Sunday morning, we went to play basketball at the park, and Colton brought out his deep chested cough. It has since also attacked his little nose which is a runny faucet. I feel badly for him when he gets choked up on his cough. I'm sure he'll get over it soon, but for now, it makes him a little whiny mess. I'll be happy when he starts feeling better again. Here are some pictures of our basketball morning at the park.





Billy worked very hard cleaning up our garage yesterday. I hate our garage. Our garage door is broken ... well, the spring that lets it go up and down is broken. Since we live in Florida, we don't have much storage in our house. No basement ... no crawl space ... and the attic is a million degrees and humidity laden--you don't want to keep too much up there. So, our garage is our basement, and that means it gets full of the things we want to store ... plus our garage items. Sometimes it gets out of hand messy ... but Billy worked on it yesterday, and it looks so much better! I am in charge of getting the rest of it cleaned up ... mostly the stuff I am storing in there ... Christmas decor, beach items, teaching materials, etc. We're hoping by the time we find someone to fix it for us, it will be clean and ready for summer work.

We finally met our neighbors yesterday! How funny is that!?! Nearly two years ago, a young couple (who was also pregnant with their first child--a boy) moved into the house kitty-corner to us. We wave to them all of the time, and I know they know our next door neighbors who have told us they are really nice. Their son just turned a year old today, and we finally met them and talked with them on Saturday night. She is a stay-at-home mom, too, and I think we're going to try to get our boys together to play during the week sometimes. It's sad that it took this long to meet them, but I'm glad we did. They are nice people.

We bought a 4-in-1 crib for Colton this weekend. It's perfect, and it can grow with him through the years. We got it on a really good deal. It was 1/2 price, and it included a mattress. I'm pretty excited about that! We did site-to-store purchase, so we didn't have to pay for shipping! Great idea! We should be able to pick it up as early as Friday. Then I can get on painting the other crib white and setting up portions of Sissy Wally's room. Tonight, we are going to make a list of things we need to get for Sissy Wally. This way when people ask us what we need, we will know ... and we can make a plan on when to purchase what items we are looking for. We will definitely need a double stroller. I found one I like on Amazon.com. It's the Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller in Ruby. I like it, because the seats sit so many ways. I can also take off the back seat and attach the car seat that we already have while Sissy Wally is so small that she can't sit in the regular seat.

I guess we are also looking for a chair. I want a rocker/glider, but Billy thinks we should just get a regular chair to go in Colton's room and move that rocker into Sissy Wally's room. The thing is that a regular chair is twice as expensive (for the cheapest chair) as the glider. I don't know what to do about that. I guess we will look around and see if we can find anything before we make a final decision on that. I'm liking this rocker/glider. (There are tons of regular chairs and gliding regular chairs that I like ... it's just they are a lot more money than this glider!) It's the Stork Craft Hoop Glider and Ottoman in white/beige. I can always add color with a pillow or a slip cover on the cushions. I just like how comfy it looks and clean.

Colton and I are going out to run errands today ... and with him being under the weather, I'm not super excited to have him sitting in a cart all afternoon, but groceries must be bought! I better grab some lunch for myself before the little man wakes up from his nap. I may let him sleep until he wakes up since he's feeling so badly. Maybe that will make for a chirpier attitude. I hope so! He's just like me when he's sick ... he just wants to whine about it and lay with his mommy.

2 comments: