Friday, May 20, 2011

pottery fun!

I am so excited! Today, I got to pick up the puppy "piggy" bank that I made for Colton last week. I love it! It's so perfect. I was nervous that the green I chose would be too dark, but it's not at all. I'm very happy about how it turned out, and Cole saw the puppy and got so excited and grabbed for it! He said, "Puppy! Puppy!" I know he likes it, too. It was the perfect thing to paint. I'm glad he likes it. Now, I just have to keep it away from him, so he won't accidentally break it.

The front view of the puppy "piggy" bank.

The back.
And last, but not least ... my signature.


Colton and I had a full day! We spent the morning playing with his toys and reading books. Then we went and met Mellie and Mei Mei for lunch at Briar Patch. I had such a delicious meal! Thanks to Mellie, I enjoyed a yummy raspberry and brie turkey sandwich. It was fabulous! I meant to take pictures of the meal and of the kids and of Mellie and I ... and I totally forgot! Oh, well. I still had a great time. We also went to two cute stores on our way back to the car. One is an all organic store, so everything is made naturally. It had some really cool items. The other was the most adorable baby store. They had some really cute things, but SO expensive! It made me sad to have to leave some of the things in there ... but I just couldn't pay what they were asking for some of the most simple items. It made me want a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag so badly! But I have a very nice and very cute Coach diaper bag that I used for Cole, so I really don't need any new one. It was fun to look, though!

When we were in the backyard this afternoon, I picked a BUNCH of tomatoes! We really got a huge booty of tomatoes this year. Just today I picked all of these!
Don't they look tasty! They are, too!


I'm excited that this weekend is Mei Mei's first birthday party! We are headed to a park in Sanford on Sunday to celebrate. I think Colton is going to have lots of fun!

Tonight, we are going to take it easy. We'll go on a walk ... even though, it's becoming deathly hot here! We'll probably have some haystacks, and we'll relax and enjoy the Sabbath. I am so happy it's Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment