Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"one, two, three, four, five!"

Colton has been working on counting! It used to go this way ... ME: "One ... " COLE: "Two, Three, FIVE!" ME: "Four ..." COLE: "FIVE!" Now, when I say, "Let's count. One ..." Colton will say, "One, two, three, four, five ... six, seven, eight ... six, seven ..." ME: "Nine ..." COLE: "Nine, TEN!" I am so proud of him! He loves to count, and remembers the numbers from songs and books that we sing and read. What a sweetie! I can't believe how fast he's growing and how much he knows. Today, I sneezed. He said, "Bless you, Mommy." Wow! He really is a little sponge! He, also, has 11 teeth, and I see several more on the verge of breaking through. He got 3 molars in an instant! Two on the bottom and 1 on the top. Before we know it, he'll have a mouth full of baby teeth ready to fall out again! I'm, also, pleased to see him eating more vegetables. He loves carrots. He'll eat peas and tomatoes ... suddenly, he's asking for cucumbers. I keep giving him all kinds of veggies in hopes that he'll munch away. Billy asks me why I'm so paranoid about it ... I just want him to be healthy. I don't think it's possible for a mother not to be paranoid about what their kid eats!

Speaking of eating, he's been a little sneaky boy. Yesterday morning, I was making breakfast, and Colton was playing. After a while, I didn't hear anything. I called for him. He didn't make a sound. I went around the corner thinking he was in entry way. He wasn't ... he was standing behind the side table, quietly munching on jellybeans he found in a candy dish ... that he's not supposed to get in to! His mouth was full of jellybeans. The look on his face was definitely an "I GOT CAUGHT" look. Such a sneaky boy!

For dinner last night, we had an amazing treat from our garden: fresh tomato and cucumber salad! Look at all of our goods! Don't they look amazing!?!

It was delicious! Colton kept begging for some cucumbers! I was very proud of him. We are really enjoying the fruits of our labor from the garden. Tonight we are going to have some garden fresh green beans! Yum!

I just had to throw this picture in for my dad. He used to have this table growing up, and he told me that he used to play with the corners ... because it looks like the bow of a yacht. So, I find Colton, also, loves to play with the corners of the table. He likes to stick his fingers in the holes. It just reminded me of my dad.


This week, I am trying to get things done that I need to finish before we leave for the midwest next week. We have about 9 days before we leave. I have a lot to do ... so I guess I better get cracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment