Saturday, May 7, 2011

a new way to sleep

Colton's new bed arrived yesterday. I am pretty excited! I put it together right away while Daddy and Colton were off running a few errands. It was incredibly easy to assemble! I was very happy for that, since I had to have my Dad on Skype the last time I tried assembling his first crib. It looks great in his room, and he had a very successful night's sleep last night in it. Doesn't it look great?However, after his nap this afternoon, I saw something on the side of the rail. Upon closer investigation, I realized he BIT his crib! Not even 24 hours of this crib being in his room, and there are teeth marks on it already!
I have to say that I expected this ... just not so quickly! I am going to have to get or make a cover for the rails, until he's out of this "let's bite everything" phase. Well, I can't say he bites everything ... I guess just the crib. He doesn't really bite his toys anymore ... or people at all. Sometimes his toys, I suppose. Anyway, I will have to cover it, so it doesn't get all messed up.

Today, in honor of Mother's Day (weekend), I decided to make something for Sabbath dinner that my Mom used to make when I was little. We had cream cheese patties with mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy, and salad. It was delicious! It just hit the spot. I guess I was pretty hungry, because my plan was to take a picture of the finished product--but I forgot! So, here's me making the patties. Yum, yum! For dessert, we had blueberries from the backyard with pound cake, vanilla ice cream, and homemade whipped cream! It was incredible. Our blueberries are so delicious! Colton loves them, too. He always picks them off of the bush when we're outside. He's just like his Daddy when it comes to berries! He loves them!

I got an early Mother's Day present from Colton (and Billy). Some beautiful flowers and a balloon! Colton came running in with the balloon saying, "Happy Mom's Day! I love you!" That was the best gift of all!
I feel very lucky to have such a wonderful son ... and a fabulous husband. Aren't they cute playing on the couch?
Like I said, best gift of all.

I am now 21 weeks along. Here's my belly picture. It's coming along ... nicely, I guess. I wore a non-maternity dress to church today ... that felt nice. But the past two weeks before this one, I wore maternity dresses, so I have been enjoying the comfort of maternity clothes. I guess it's nice to have more options right now ... because soon, all I will have is maternity. Boo.

I'll leave you with a cute picture of Colton playing with his toys. I love this guy and his cute smiles!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, friend! I LOVE the crib. It's perfect. That little stinker and his teeth! How frustrating:) You look fantastic in your pics. The dress is so cute. Do you mind sharing the cream cheese patty recipe? They look pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you, too! I will share my recipe. I'll send it to you on gmail. They are delicious!

    ReplyDelete