Monday, May 9, 2011

"happy, mom's day!" -- colton

Mother's Day weekend started for us on Friday night. Billy took Colton out to run some errands before sundown, and they came back with flowers, a balloon, cake, and a card. Colton came running into the back room where I was working, and said, "Happy Mom's Day!" That was really the best gift I could've received. The cake was delicious! It was very fudgey ... I'm not a big cake fan, but this was made perfectly.

Billy wanted to get a picture of Colton wishing me a Happy Mother's Day ... Colton had a hard time cooperating. He did not want to hold the sign! :) Billy really wanted him to ... which led to the crying pictures. I think they are so cute! What a big boo-hoo he has!




On Sabbath, we went to church and then came home to relax in the pool. It was wonderful! It was a beautiful Sabbath day, and the quiet neighborhood made for a very relaxing Sabbath. We went for a walk on Saturday night. On Sunday morning, Colton and Billy took me out for a Mother's Day brunch at First Watch. I love that place! We both wanted a little taste of sweet and a little taste of savory, so Billy got the blueberry pancakes while I got a veggie omelet with potatoes. They were both delicious! Colton enjoyed them, too. The blueberry pancakes were HUGE! We did not finish them, but we did enjoy them ... a lot!
The omelet was so fresh ... and it wasn't drenched in cheese, so it seemed less filling.
We had a great time at First Watch, and the wait wasn't really that bad, either. Only 30 minutes ... on Mother's Day! I think it's usually around 30 minutes to get in on a Sunday anyway, so they were really moving people in and out. They also had a sweet treat for all of the moms ... a free box of chocolates. Mmmmm ....

We all accidentally wore white shirts to brunch, so we thought it would be fun to take some pictures in the backyard. Most of them did not turn out, but some of them weren't too bad! I may even frame some of them.


There are a couple of good family photos here. We just need a better, quicker camera. Ours is a good camera ... but it has such delay! We miss so many great shots of Colton, because it pauses before it shoots ... and he's moved by then! Oh, well.

Yesterday afternoon, we spent more time in the pool ... I have been so thankful for this pool! It is the perfect way to relax and cool off when pregnancy is overheating me! Billy has also really been enjoying some pool floaties that I bought at Costco. He can read a magazine and eat a snack or drink a cool drink while he floats. He made sure to let me know that he enjoyed doing that this weekend, too!

Then Colton helped us clean up in the yard ... pick up leaves ... water plants ... play in the dirt. Here's what he looked like upon coming back inside in the evening.
Look at that grimy face!!! He had a bath right away, because his hands were even worse!

Today, I decided to cut his hair! I know ... it has probably needed it for a long time. But don't worry ... I didn't cut his curls! I just had to get rid of those bangs. His hair was constantly in his eyes ... and the bangs were so uneven and scraggly. I cut the front, so that it is up out of his face. The top and back are still as redneck as ever. He is rockin' the curly mullet, and I like it! It was hard enough for me to get rid of the bangs, and I was so frustrated with them! I did save them ... some mangy, scraggly hairs in a baggy ... marked "first haircut". I'm sure he'll cherish that as much as I do. Ha, ha! I tried to get him to say "cheese" and look at the camera for a picture, but at this age, he just says, "NO!" and runs away. So, most of my pictures are of him on the run.




Billy's parents come to visit us today. They will be here for a week. It will be nice to have them here to see Colton and to hang out. I think they will be amazed at how much he's changed since Christmas! He's such a talker now. He has really grown into a little man.

I had another doctor's appointment today. Dr. Sweet said that the 20 week sonogram looked great! He said all is normal and all of my blood tests have come back perfect. He measured my tummy, and said that I was right on--which is a relief, because 4 weeks ago, I was measuring ahead of schedule ... so I feel good to be on schedule again. Sissy Wally's heartbeat is 148, so she is good, too. I have to go in a little early for my next appointment, because I will be traveling the entire month of June. The next appointment will be the glucose testing. I'm feeling pretty good about that ... I had no issues with Colton, and so far this pregnancy has been going very well. I guess I will see him again in about 3 weeks ... just before our vacation begins--of which, I am very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment