Tuesday, May 3, 2011

off-schedule kind of week

With Colton battling this crazy cough and runny nose, he's been extra sleepy during the day. Today, he took a four-hour nap! I couldn't believe it! I went into this room several times. Usually, the sound of the door wakes him up. This time ... it didn't matter what I did. I called his name, "Colton, Colton ... it's time to get up!" Nothing. I rubbed his back. Nothing. I stood there and stared at him. Nothing. I said, "Do you want to get up and have lunch, Colton?" Still nothing. He opened his eyes once ... I thought he was awake, but then he just rolled over and kept on sleeping. One time, he pulled his favorite blue blanket up over his eyes--no doubt to shut out my chatter. I guess his body just needed that time sleeping. He is in a better mood this afternoon. He's even happily munching on his late lunch.

Yesterday, we had nachos, in honor of Cinco-de-mayo which is on Thursday. We will have haystacks on Friday, so I didn't want to do two days in a row of Mexican food ... mostly because I'm getting a Mexican food diversion again. But the nachos were tasty!

Billy came home last night from work with two trucks for Colton from a co-worker. It was a very nice gift! Colton loves trucks, so we added them to his collection. How funny is it that he has every size of the blue tow truck!?! :) Here are his Tonka trucks all lined up (minus one that Billy gave to a little boy in the Philippines).



I wanted to show you guys the fabric I found for Sissy Wally's quilt. I also found a pattern for a quilt that I am going to use. It's something about Shifting Squares. I love it!!!! I can't wait to get started on her quilt ... but I promised I would finish Colton's quilt first. I'm SO close to being done, so I better hurry! Because I can't wait to start on Sissy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment