Wednesday, May 18, 2011

maddie's 2nd birthday

Today is my niece, Madison's, second birthday! I can't believe she is two years-old. Time sure flies by! I remember visiting her shortly after she was born. She was so tiny! Much tinier than my chunky-monkey! Now, she's talking and running and acting a mess like any two year-old should. I'm so proud of my sister, and I love my niece! Tonight, they are going out to eat for her birthday at Red Robin with Grandpa and Grandma Reynolds. I am so jealous! I would love to be there, too. I am glad I get to see them at the end of June. At least I have that to look forward to! Me with Maddie pre-coming into the world! Me with Maddie during her first couple of weeks of life. Wasn't she just the tiniest? Madison Jayne ... the two year-old ... she's so pretty! Happy Birthday!!!

Here's what we got for Maddie for her birthday. Shopping for these things made me so excited to have a little girl! I love buying dresses and cute outfits. They have cute outfits for boys ... but it's just not the same. First of all, I always get her a book or books. I guess being a teacher, I feel like every kid should have plenty of great books on hand. I love Sandra Boynton, so I had to get her at least one of her books! I got this strawberry outfit at Gymboree. They have SUCH cute clothes! I must stay away from there when I have this little one. I do get great coupons there a few times a year ... that's when I need to stick to buying clothes there. It just so happens, I used one of my great coupons for this adorable outfit. I love the strawberries!
We found this dress when we were in Thailand in January. Isn't it so adorable!?! I love the little elephants and the ruffles. I hope she can wear it this summer. I just couldn't pass up such a sweet dress when we were traveling. Doesn't she look cute with it? I think it will be perfect!

Last night, we had another successful dinner from the garden. I am trying to eat down our pantry, so we had breakfast for dinner: brinner. It was delicious! We had hash browns and omelets. The omelets were filled with peppers and tomatoes from the garden. It was so yummy!

After dinner, Billy, Colton, and I played the Wii. Colton LOVES to play with it! He likes to play baseball and bowling ... and he can't get enough of watching Mario. He will come up to me and say, "Mario, Mario, Mario!" He wants to play again. Billy's just worried that he will fling the control across the room, so he straps it on Colton's wrist really well.
Colton swinging the control like a bat. He even got a hit! Great job, Cole! He loves his sports.

This is Colton bowling. The ball rolled really, really slowly down the lane, but he did a decent job ... even if he lowered Billy's character's score.

Today, I got a FABULOUS thing in the mail that I have been waiting and waiting for! For Colton's first birthday ... so it's severely delayed (nearly 6 months to be exact), I made a book documenting his first year of life. We got it in the mail today, and I LOVE IT! I am excited to show our families. I will do this for Sissy Wally, as well. I hope they will enjoy it when they are older. It is something that I worked really hard on, and I wanted to represent everyone in their lives that loves them, as well as, tons of pictures of themselves! It looks like we got a new MacBook Pro. I wish! This is the front of the book. This is a sneak peek of the inside! And this is the back of the book.

It turned out just how I wanted it to. I am so glad that we did this! This is very special for all of us.

I'm so excited about tomorrow evening! I got a gift certificate for Christmas from a dear friend, and I am going to use it tomorrow for a haircut. I am sad, because I'm not going to my usual guy ... but who can pass up a free haircut!?! Definitely not me. My friend's hair always looks fabulous, and she goes to this salon. So, I'm sure it will be great. I love getting my hair cut. Nothing drastic here ... I don't want my pregnancy hormones to dictate this style, or who knows what I will end up looking like! Just needing some new layers to cut down on the bulk of my hair. It's so big! I have a lot of hair. I'll post pictures when it's over. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment