Saturday, April 9, 2011

Beaching It Up ... Sabbath Family Time

This Sabbath, we decided to head out to the beach. We haven't been as a family yet this year ... since the Philippines, so we packed up a Sabbath lunch, towels, sunblock, beach chairs, toys, and little Colton and set out for our favorite beach--New Smyrna. I wasn't worried about the weather being bad. It's super sunny and 91 degrees! But I was a little worried that early April would hold freezing cold ocean water rolling in wave by wave, so we wouldn't want to venture into the blue sea. When we got there, we could see many people had the same idea as we did ... I even think the people who sat in front of us were Adventist, too ... as they were eating vegelinks out of a can.

As soon as we got there, we set up and Colton surveyed the water. Luckily, the water was chilly, but it wasn't too cold. Once you were in the water, it felt really nice!

He decided that it was time to head down to the water right away. So Daddy took his hand, and I followed them down to the water.

Colton loved dancing in the water and splashing. He spent a long time playing with us in the sand. This kid loves to throw sand!





We packed a good lunch of sandwiches and oranges. Colton had some yummy snacks, too!



After lunch, we played in the water and sand for a while longer, and then Daddy and Colton took a walk. It was such a beautiful day at the beach! The weather was hot but not humid. Just how I like it!

While the boys were gone, I got some much needed relaxation in ... I layed out and rested while I listened to the ocean.




Then Daddy took a swim in the ocean for a bit while Colton and I played in the sand ... digging and throwing it all around. It was a great day! I'm so happy we decided to head out to New Smyrna. I think we'll have to do it more often ... even if we bring half the beach back with us in the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment