Sunday, April 24, 2011

nervous ... yet, excited

Tomorrow is the big day! We find out if Wally is a boy or a girl. I feel like tomorrow is Christmas! I have my appointment at 10:45 a.m., so I won't probably get to post the sonogram until lunch time. Make your guesses! Boy or girl? I think I'm super excited, because I didn't get to feel this way with Colton. When I found out Colton was a boy, it was an accident ... well, it wasn't planned. I was supposed to have a regular 16 week check-up, but I got a call from my OB office asking if I could come in early to have their potential sonogram machine used on me. I thought that would be cool ... a free sonogram! So, I called Billy and asked him if he could make it. Luckily, he did! As the doctor is looking at the baby with about 5 other people in the room, including the sales reps, Billy asks, "So, you can't find out if it's a boy or a girl this early, can you?" The doctor said yes, and he asked if we wanted to know. Billy said, "Tasha, do you want to find out?" Well, if he really wanted to wait, he would not have given me the power to say 'yes' or 'no'. Before I could tell what I was doing, I had said, "YES!" The sonogram tech moved the wand around on my tummy, and said, "It's a boy!" Billy almost fainted. Well, he was super nervous, and he felt like he could pass out. He said, "Are you sure?" They were sure ... and it was ... a beautiful boy--Colton Keith. So, I didn't really have anything to wait for or get nervous about. It just ... happened. This time, I knew the day ... I've been thinking and thinking about it. And it's finally here! Tomorrow is my baby Christmas, and I get to know the gender! Then let the naming and decorating begin! Baby Wally ... you're about to be outed.

No comments:

Post a Comment