Thursday, April 28, 2011

mid-week snuffles

Yesterday was a tough day for Cole. He woke up with a fever of about 102--which he maintained all day. I figured it was associated with teething ... and it might be. He's getting his molars. He whined and cranked all morning, and he ate a pitiful breakfast--which, if you know Colton, is very rare. I put him down for a morning nap, and he slept nearly 3 1/2 hours. I tried to get him up at his usual time, but he wouldn't budge. So, I left him to wake on his own. I figured this would make him super rested for the rest of the day, but I figured wrong. He wouldn't eat anything for lunch! He just drank water. I finally got him to eat some string cheese. He kept saying "no", but he ate it anyway. We ran to JoAnns after lunch to get some more fabric for Sissy Wally's quilt, and to get binding fabric for another quilt I'm making. He did alright there, but as we left, he just couldn't stop crying--which is also unlike him. I put him down for another nap when we got home, and he slept for another 2 hours! An hour and a half after he woke up, he was ready for bed. His eyes were sleepy and glassy ... he barely ate dinner ... some raisins and pears. All he wanted to do was snuggle with me ... which is also very unlike him. We put him to bed early, and he slept until 9 a.m.! This kid is definitely sick. :( He had a fever again today, but it has gone down to 100.7. He still didn't eat much for breakfast this morning, but I think that he is feeling a little better ... though I see him snuggling down on the floor with his blanket. I hope he feels better soon! Poor guy.

So, we want to find a 3-in-1 crib for Colton and give his crib to Sissy Wally. I figure, there's no way Cole will stay in a big boy bed to sleep. He'll get out and play ... he's just not ready to be that free, but I know he will be soon. So, getting a bed to grow with him seems right. That way, it will go into a toddler bed and then a twin bed he can use until he goes to college. Here are the two that I like.

I want to paint Colton's current crib white. The day I painted it dark brown, I swore I would never paint a crib again! But white would fit so much better with Sissy's decor. I asked Billy about the bedding. He likes the one I like best. So, I guess I'll be saving a bit more. He also thinks it's ridiculous to save for bedding, but it may be my only girl ... and if it's not ... all of the others will use this bedding, too ... so it will get good use! I looked at JoAnns, yesterday, to see if there was any fabric I wanted to use for her bedding, but I just didn't see any that I fell in love with. I guess I can look online for fabric. I have two months before I'm ordering the other bedding, so I have time.

I went for a run yesterday. I have found that each week that goes by, running is a bit harder. I still get out there and do it, but I feel like I need something to hold my tummy in. The baby is just bouncing around in there. I know it's safe, but it feels weird. I'm also still on the lookout for a pregnancy workout video. I don't want to pay $20 for it, but I'm sure there's something out there.

I better get to binding this quilt I'm working on. I've never made my own binding, so this should be interesting! I'm so thankful for YouTube!

No comments:

Post a Comment