Saturday, April 23, 2011

sabbath ... 19 weeks ... nearly half-way

So, I have been terrible this pregnancy at documentation. With Colton, I took pictures every week starting at like 13 weeks. I took LOTS of pictures. This time, I have been focusing on exercising ... and less on much else. I haven't taken any pictures of the tummy ... until today. So, here I am folks ... pregnant with Wally (baby #2) at 19 weeks.



We had just arrived home from church when we were outside taking pictures of the bump--which is why I'm in a dress. Anyway, we decided to inspect our fruits and vegetables. We have a ton of blueberries! Don't they look delicious? They are!



We, also, have a lot of tomatoes on our plants. We're just anxiously awaiting them to ripen!


And of course, we have a lot of green beans beginning to get large enough to pick in our garden.

I, also, made a recipe for Sabbath lunch that I got from one of my best friends, Steph's brother's food blog. It was so delicious! A baked mushroom and spinach pasta.



Doesn't it look wonderful!?! Billy loved it, too. We'll definitely have to have this again.

As we got ready for church this morning, I found Billy and Colton taking part in what has become, not only a Sabbath morning tradition, but a daily ... three, four, five times daily tradition. Colton LOVES to read with us. He can look at books all day long, and he is SO happy--that or play outside. This morning, he found his favorite books (the Bible books), dragged them to Daddy, and said, "Book, please! Read it!" (Which is something new he has learned to say. He brought me a book this week, put it in my lap, and said, "Read it!" We are now trying to teach him to add "please" to the end of that statement.) Billy and Colton were deep into conversation about Noah, Moses, David, and Daniel as they flipped through to find the pictures in the books. I love that he loves to read, and I really love that he loves to read books about Jesus. Isn't this a nice Sabbath picture?


Since this Sabbath is Easter Sabbath, we got to take home an Easter Lily from church. I don't know if this will grow outside here in Florida, but I think I'm going to try it out. I'll have to look it up on the internet to see how to do it and how to take care of it.


I love Easter ... and tomorrow will be a big day. The Adams are coming over to share in our celebration! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment