Monday, April 25, 2011

mixed emotions ... but mostly excitement

I knew I shouldn't have done that to myself. I convinced myself that I was having a boy. I don't know 100% why, really. I just "felt" like it was a boy. I figured having two boys running around, being naughty, and having fun together just seemed right. Where I really went wrong ... I picked a name, and I picked out some new bedding for the crib. What was I thinking!?! When I saw the sonogram, I knew it right away. See, our dear friends just had this happen to them. Well, they had a more flip-flopping, 'now you do-now you don't' kind of story happen to them, but I have been studying their sonogram. I knew what girl parts were supposed to look like via sonogram ... and I figured if I saw boy parts, it would just look very different. It looked the same. I looked and looked for something more "turtle" like, but all I saw was a giant hamburger. It's not that I'm disappointed. I'm just shocked. I did it to myself, really. I got too invested without knowing. So, I'm sure it will take a day or two to sink in ... and I'm sure once we can agree on a name (good luck there!), it'll feel more real. I'm happy to have any baby--girl or boy. She is healthy and well, and I'm thankful for that. I'm just needing to shift my train of thought. Colton will be a great big brother, and I know he'll watch over her. I'm sure they'll fight and play. It'll be good. A little "Tasha" to go along with our little "Billy". Seems like a good plan. God knows what He's doing ... I will have to get on that train, too.
Here's Wally at 19 weeks. She's covering her face from the paparazzi.Here's her long leg bent over her body ... they are flexible in there, aren't they?A side profile of Wally with her hand out above her little head.

No comments:

Post a Comment