Friday, April 29, 2011

a GREAT surprise

Can you imagine!?! I open my door when I hear a KNOCK, KNOCK, "UPS!" There's a giant box sitting there. I didn't order anything ... that I can remember. I look to see where it came from. Pottery Barn. I know I didn't order anything from Pottery Barn. I bring it inside, and I open it up ... it's full. Full of WONDERFUL BEDDING!!!! Our dear friends, the Ellis Family, bought us the bedding from Pottery Barn for Sissy Wally's bedroom. Not only that, they bought us two extra-large white baskets with the cutest pink polka-dot liners! We are so blessed to have such sweet and thoughtful friends. We really miss taking care of Mei Mei, and I know that we were thankful for the time Colton had to spend with his first "little sister". Today, he got to play with her again, as I helped out and watched Mei Li. Thank you, Mellie, Dave and Mei Li! You really surprised me, and it was an amazing surprise!

We've been narrowing down the name for Sissy Wally. Colton can point to my tummy and say, "Sissy Baby." My friend, Steph, just told me of a website where they have every name in the book ... including "Meatball". I guess someone named their kid that ... poor guy--or girl. I'm going to try that out to see if there are any more we can add to our short list. It's starting to feel "real"--this having a baby girl. I'm feeling good about it. I'm now on the hunt for a chair for Colton's room, so I can use the rocker in the baby's room. That's Billy's newest idea ... and it makes sense. Who needs two rockers?

Tonight, Colton still wasn't feeling up-to-par. I can tell, because he gets super whiny and won't eat like the usual champ. He wanted peaches for dinner ... just peaches. I got him to eat some string cheese, and I thought he might eat a muffin. It was all I could do to get him to eat one bite of muffin. Here's what I found after his second bowl of peaches.He just did not want to eat those muffins, so he picked them up off of his tray and put each one into his empty peaches bowl. Then he yelled, "ALL DONE!" He made it easier for me to put into the trash, I guess. He just wasn't too interested in eating ... unless I was going to give him more peaches. (And it's not that the muffins didn't taste good ... he shared half of a muffin with me only 2 hours earlier for a snack.)

During bath time tonight, I thought I'd get a picture of Colton's long hair ... I should've taken a picture of it going down his back. It's pretty redneck, and it's very funny! But I only got one of his curly mohawk. It won't even stand up anymore ... that's how long it's getting. It doesn't look as long on top when it's dry, but the back is definitely "business in the front, party in the back".




Billy and I have been watching the NFL draft. It makes me excited for football season. Too bad it's still 5 months away ... just in time for the baby to be born. I hope I don't miss a game ... luckily there are pretty nice TVs in the Baby Place at FH Altamonte. A friend of ours just had her baby via c-section today. It's a girl--Brooke. So many people I know are pregnant! It's amazing! I guess we're just at that age.

I'll leave you with one more funny story about Colton. Yesterday, he asked me if I could put on his sunglasses ... well, he said, "Sunglasses, please!" And I said, "Do you want them on?" He said, "Yes." He handed them to me. So, I put them on him ... and he wore them for the better part of an hour. He never wears these things longer than 2 or 3 minutes, but he really wanted to wear them all around yesterday. I tried to take them off a few times, but he wouldn't have it. He would just say, "Sunglasses, sunglasses, sunglasses!" He was feeling it, and he looked so cute!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it arrived on time and we were able to surprise you! Also, I've been meaning to tell you not to feel guilty if you can't keep the hydrangea alive. I am horrible with plants as well, so I completely understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I planted the hydrangea the week after you gave it to me. I hope it lives, but I have no idea if it will survive!

    ReplyDelete