Tuesday, April 19, 2011

times, they are a changin'

I'm sad to report that last week was my final week watching Mei Li. I'm sure I will pick up a day or two here and there with her, and I know I'll hang out with Mellie on her days off sometimes. But ... it's different. Colton and I had really come to love little Mei Mei, and we enjoyed having her here 3 days a week to play. Now that I'm having another baby, I think about the last times I get to do "this" or "that" with Colton, and it makes me sad. I'm excited to have another little one to love and adore, but I'm sad that the Cole-ster and I will be 'party of 3' instead of the 'dynamic duo'. I think that's one big reason I was ready to say "goodbye" to Mei Li ... even though, I was terribly sad to see her go. I knew that these were the last moments with my little peanut to bond--just the two of us. So, to say 'goodbye', we love you, and we'll miss you to Miss Mei Mei, I made her a little gift.

This is the blanket I made for her.

It's the first time I have ever done an applique or hand quilted anything! I was very satisfied with the results of my first try. I also finally learned to embroider correctly. Thank you, YOUTUBE. I had no idea I was doing it the hard way before!

Mitered corners ... well, I have a little bit of learning to do here, but not bad for my first try.

This is the front view. It's my first disappearing nine patch quilt. I had a lot of fun making it!

This is the back view. I really like this fabric! I'm glad Steph helped me find it.

And sweet Mellie was so kind to give me a little goodbye gift, too. Isn't this hydrangea beautiful!?! I love it! I'm going to try to plant it ... I tend to kill things, but I have high hopes.


On another note, I have been really enjoying letting Colton try all kinds of new foods. He used to hate blueberries. Well, I don't know if he hated them, but he spit them out unless I cut them in half. Usually he spit them out. Now, he gobbles them up! I'm sure he'll end up with blue poo. He just loves to eat holding his spoon or fork, as it may be. He won't use it ... just holds it. I'm hoping eventually he will use it ... we practice, but I still find him holding it in one hand and eating with the other hand. But don't try to take it away from him! He wants to hold the 'spOOOOOn"!

I love his smile!

And this face just cracked me up, so I had to include it!

I'm very excited!!!!! In less than a week, we are going to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. Little Wally (short for Walnut) is quite active and growing very well. I feel like it's a boy, but I think there are others involved that hope it's a girl. I guess, either way, I will just be happy to have a healthy little one to love and for Colton to play with. I just can't imagine what life will be like with two. I see lots of exhaustion. I'm nervous that I will never leave my house for fear of two kids ganging up on me. I have the hang of Colton, but will I have the hang of Colton with Wally? I know billions of people do it every day, and my own mother mastered the two-kid family ... my mother-in-law even mastered the four-kid family. I know God will lead me, and He will help me figure it all out ... but being on the outside of a two-kid family makes me really respect mothers of multiple children. Here's what 'Wally' looks like now (I will post next Monday's sonogram for you to guess the gender):

Waving 'hi' to all of you!

Arms and legs a-kickin'!

Hopefully, I won't crack under the pressure of waiting ... I'm so impatient!

No comments:

Post a Comment