Sunday, April 24, 2011

an Easter-filled day

Easter started out with a nice breakfast of egg pancakes. Bill went to play basketball at the park with his new ball he just got, and I made us a nice breakfast. Colton was happy to have pancakes, as always!


We were excited to have our friends, Brian, Gwendy, and Mason Adams, here for our Easter celebration today. Colton isn't really old enough to understand what any of it means ... religious or bunny-related, but he did enjoy some treats and some play time with his friend, Mason. I am so blessed to have good friends, and the Adams are really great ones. I was shocked to find out this morning, as I was running around trying to get a few more eggs, that a ton of stores were closed today! I guess it shocked me, because it didn't used to be that way on Easter. But today, all I could find open were gas stations, pharmacies, and Wal-mart! Good old Wal-mart didn't let me down. I got my extra eggs, and thankfully, found that Panera Bread was open next door. I picked up some goodies to share with our friends, and I headed home. Here's our Easter spread.



Once we ate and chatted a while ... we decided it was time to dye some eggs! Gwendy was nervous to let Mason into the dye area too much, so she let him hold an egg while she dyed for him. I took off all of Colton's clothes except for his diaper, and we began dipping eggs. Colton wanted to put the dipper into all of the dye cups and swish it around. He did get blue dye on his tummy once, but other than that, it was pretty successful. He kept saying, "Eggs, eggs, eggs!" I think he had fun.







Here are the finished products. I think the boys did a great job!

The boys' (and possibly girl's) names.
The Heinrich kids' names.

After we dyed eggs, we decided to go on our Easter egg hunt. But first, we had to have a pre-hunt cookie that Auntie Gwendy made. They were delish! Then we got ready to go outside. Do you like the hat Colton borrowed from Mason?





The dads hid the eggs ... in plain sight, and the boys found them. They had a great time finding the eggs and putting them in the baskets!











We even had time to get a family picture. It was hot outside ... about 89 degrees, but the shade felt nice with a cool breeze. The boys didn't seem to notice the heat. Mason did want to get into the pool and kept walking that way ... so maybe he noticed the heat!


Colton was really excited to get his Easter basket. He liked looking through it and finding all of his cool new toys and tasty gummy treats! I put gummies into sports themed eggs in his basket ... he immediately pulled out the soccer egg and yelled, "SOCCERBALL!" I didn't even know he knew that one! Good to know. He also liked the football and basketball eggs. He ate plenty of treats. He found a truck, a stuffed bunny, some books, a coloring book, some crayons, and BUBBLES!





Colton wanted to play with his bubbles, so we went out to the backyard. Billy jumped into the pool, and Colton freaked out! I think he thought Daddy was hurt. He started to cry, "Daddy!?! Daddy!?!" Then when Billy jumped out of the pool it scared him, and Colton would run away behind me. It was so funny! He hid between my legs and peeked at Billy.


The funniest part was when Billy was spraying out the pool filter. Cole wanted to play in the water so badly. He would stick his hands in the spray, and it would splash all over him. He laughed and giggled! I think all he really needs to be happy is some trash that crinkles, a book, and a hose.









All in all, we had a great day! It was fun having our friends here ... we missed our family and some other dear friends, but we still had a great time. I'm thankful that Jesus came to die for our sins, so that we might be saved. I think I'm even more thankful now that I have a kid(s). It's a special weekend to remember the most special time ... and one day, I will be happy to share it with everyone I love in Heaven. Until then ... Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment