Wednesday, April 27, 2011

excitement ensues

After a day or two to readjust my thinking, I am getting excited to have a baby girl. Colton now touches my belly and says, "Sissy!" I know he will be a good, protective big brother. I have been thinking and thinking of girl names. It's hard! I have thought of a few I like, but matching them to the names Billy likes is VERY difficult! We are having a hard time agreeing on names. There is one name we like, but it starts with a hard 'C' like Colton, and we aren't necessarily looking for names that start with 'C'. We just happen to like one. But there are a few other names that we have on the list. We just don't have one that we are in love with, yet. I guess we have plenty of time.

Now that I am in "girl mode", and I have been looking and looking for crib bedding. It's ridiculous that most crib bedding is just as expensive as a new stroller--which we have to get, as well. We are in need of a double stroller. Anyway, I have some ideas for crib bedding. I LOVE these two sets ... of course, they are something I will have to save up for a couple of months to get.


Today, I need to run to JoAnn Fabrics for something to finish a quilt I am making (unfortunately, it's not for either of my kids). While I'm there, I am going to check out their fabric to see if there is anything I like just as well that I can use to make my own crib bedding--at least the skirt, quilt, and bumper (I can buy a fitted sheet or two). I don't know if I'm up for that, but if I find something I absolutely love, I may be inclined to try.

The day we found out it was a girl, I wanted to get an outfit to help me get in the mood for a girl. I was shocked to find out it was a girl, so I wanted to refocus to begin getting excited. I was looking for a "coming home from the hospital" outfit, but I couldn't find one I liked in the time I had to look. So, here's the outfit I picked out. I like it, and I think she can use it for a while, since it doesn't really get "chilly" here in the fall. It'll probably be pretty hot and humid until December.

Big Brother was wearing this cute shirt the day we found out Wally is going to be a girl.
Isn't he the cutest?

I'll let you all know if I find anything I like at JoAnn's, or if I'll be saving my moo-lah to buy one of the other crib bedding options. We'll see ....

4 comments:

  1. Colton's going to be an amazing big brother. I hope Mei Mei has given you both lots of practice for having another girl in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has, Mellie! I think that's why Colton will do such a good job. He loves Mei Mei so much! Watching him with her makes me so much more excited to be having a girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I'm so excited for you! Girls are wonderful! And fyi--fitted crib sheets are so easy to sew yourself! Here's a link to a tutorial from one of the blogs I follow-- http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-crib-and-toddler-bed-sheets.html I made fitted sheets for my boys' cribs, and when they were in toddler beds, I modified the pattern so it just fits on one side to make a top-sheet that stays put! Can't wait to see how your creativity plays out with a girl! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fawn, you have inspired me! I love reading your crafty blog! It makes me energized to try new things and get things moving around here. Thanks for the link. I may have to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete