Saturday, April 30, 2011

lovely Sabbath day

Today was a GORGEOUS Sabbath day! The humidity was super low ... just how I like it, but it was warm enough to be in our pool. I love to lay on a raft and relax on a quiet Sabbath afternoon. Luckily the neighbors who live behind us didn't have their kids out in their pool ... so it was nice and peaceful. No lawnmowers. No dogs barking. And Colton was peacefully asleep in his crib. It was wonderful!

At church today, Colton saw his friend, Mei Li, come in to sit down after the service had begun ... of course, he had to yell, "MEI, MEI!" He did it repeatedly throughout the service until Billy finally had to take him out of the sanctuary. Colton just loves her, and he can't help himself. When he sees her, he wants to say hi and wants her attention. After church, he got the chance to visit with her. I took these pictures from Mellie's Facebook page. They were just too cute! I had to share them with you. An adoring look ....
A sweet kiss ...

This morning, Colton woke up late ... at 9:00 a.m., and this was only because I had to wake him. I think he's needing the extra sleep as he gets rid of whatever was ailing him this week. At least he woke up without a fever this morning. This afternoon, he slept for nearly 3 hours. I think he's beginning to feel much better now. We're about to go for a walk to enjoy this weather. Then I'll finish the quilt I have been working on ... and maybe, I'll start another one.

Happy Sabbath!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted these pictures. I love them too. I just get tickled each time I see Colton's face in the first one, it's true love. We'll have to work on our tardy arrivals to church. Maybe Colton will be able to get his "Mei Mei's" out of his system before church starts if we were there early! Just wait until Mei Li gets her words together. We're already out there with Colton because she has something to say about having to sit still for that long.

    ReplyDelete